TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It only took me 4 days!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It only took me 4 days!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
But I finally got my nails painted!

I rarely paint my nails but last week decided I needed a change.

Friday I applied the base coat to all of my finger nails. I also applied the first layer of colour to my left hand.

Saturday I applied the first layer of colour to my right hand.

Sunday I applied the second layer of colour to my left hand.

Today I applied the second layer of colour to my right hand. And I applied the top coat to both hands.

They are now a bright red called "Cherries in the Snow" from Revlon. I think I've had this bottle of polish since the mid 1990's, LOL
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
But I finally got my nails painted!

I rarely paint my nails but last week decided I needed a change.

Friday I applied the base coat to all of my finger nails. I also applied the first layer of colour to my left hand.

Saturday I applied the first layer of colour to my right hand.

Sunday I applied the second layer of colour to my left hand.

Today I applied the second layer of colour to my right hand. And I applied the top coat to both hands.

They are now a bright red called "Cherries in the Snow" from Revlon. I think I've had this bottle of polish since the mid 1990's, LOL
Linda you are cracking me up! That has got to be the best way to paint your fingernails! Most of the time I paint mine, and it seems to trigger the brain and it tells me, "you know you have to go to the bathroom now" or I get into bed and have sheet-marks! If I had a bottle of polish that long I either I couldn't get it open, or it would be a thick mess!
I put a few drops of nail polish remover in my older bottles of polish! Seems to help a little. Sounds like Revlons' got it goin on!!!

Monique
post #3 of 15
That sounds like the painting of the Sydney Harbout Bridge. When they've finished painting it, they have to start at the beginning again.
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwashcats View Post
Linda you are cracking me up! That has got to be the best way to paint your fingernails! Most of the time I paint mine, and it seems to trigger the brain and it tells me, "you know you have to go to the bathroom now" or I get into bed and have sheet-marks! If I had a bottle of polish that long I either I couldn't get it open, or it would be a thick mess!
I put a few drops of nail polish remover in my older bottles of polish! Seems to help a little. Sounds like Revlons' got it goin on!!!

Monique
LOL, yep! No chips, marks or smudges. I usually take 2 days to apply nail polish, but never 4!

I only buy Revlon nail polish. I find it far superior to any other and I used to be a nail painting queen! I would paint my nails 1 or 2 times per week and the polish still looked shiney and fresh when I was removing it to apply something else.

I've tried Sally Hanse, OPI, and a few other brands, and Revlon outlasted any of them. Plus I've never had my nail polish go thick and goopy on me. I don't have it stored in any special way. They are in an old decorative cookie tin sitting on my bookcase.
post #5 of 15
I tried to paint mine clear the other day. As soon as I got done, I put the cap back on, set the bottle down, then my phone rang. You know, in the bottom of my purse!! Luckily it was clear!!
post #6 of 15
Hahaha I can't believe you go to that much effort!! I can't even remember the last time I painted my nails...

Actually I do remember - I got them painted for my wedding 2 years ago.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikat View Post
That sounds like the painting of the Sydney Harbout Bridge. When they've finished painting it, they have to start at the beginning again.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Hahaha I can't believe you go to that much effort!! I can't even remember the last time I painted my nails...

Actually I do remember - I got them painted for my wedding 2 years ago.
I usually don't. This is the first time I've painted my finger nails in probably 10 years with the exception of a manicure I had back in January. I usually just leave them natural without even a clear polish on them. I just felt like something different.
post #9 of 15
I am horrible at painting my nails! I would never attempt red either, my hand shakes like a leaf for some reason and I end up with more polish on my fingers than nails where's the hand model shots?
post #10 of 15
Wow, I had no idea nail painting could be such an event! Haha.

I know how it is, though. I stopped painting my nails long ago, because working in the arts studio just messes them up anyway! But my toenails are almost always polished

-Kristen

p.s. Opi nail polish is incredible. It's a long time before it starts to chip.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Well, after all that work I decided to take the polish off One of my nails broke yesterday and after filing there was a small chip at the tip so rather than just fixing that nail which would probably take me another 4 days, I decided to remove all of it.

What a mess! I now remember why I don't bother painting my nails, especially cherry red! When removing it the colour was all over my hands and under my nails. I ended up having to wash my hands in nail polish remover to get my hands clean and there is still residue under my nails! I'll have to tackle that later with an old tooth brush and more polish remover.

I think I'll stick to plain or just clear in the future
post #12 of 15
I don't paint my nails because I'll always think the polish is dry, do something with my hands, and mess it up. It's just not worth the hassle to me.
post #13 of 15
I am a toe-nail painter...they must always be buffed, trimmed, painted and shined.

I have not done this, however in over three months and they look like the toes of a homeless person.

(I hope that wasn't offensive, but chipping polish, untrimmed, etc. )

*shakes head at self*
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwashcats View Post
Linda you are cracking me up! That has got to be the best way to paint your fingernails! Most of the time I paint mine, and it seems to trigger the brain and it tells me, "you know you have to go to the bathroom now" or I get into bed and have sheet-marks! If I had a bottle of polish that long I either I couldn't get it open, or it would be a thick mess!
I put a few drops of nail polish remover in my older bottles of polish! Seems to help a little. Sounds like Revlons' got it goin on!!!

Monique
I'm one of those people that used to bite my nails to the quick. It was horrible yes. Then one day I noticed that I wasn't biting them anymore. I then started getting a professional manicure every month when I had my hair roots touched up (back in the days when I was an unnatural blonde ). Since then, my nails are my pride and joy. I don't do it so much now, but I often changed my polish every night to match whatever outfit I picked out for the next day for work.

I've also gotten used to typing with longer nails because I love my long nails.

Just a bit of advice to Monique - diluting thickened nail polish with polish remover is NOT a good thing. It actually spoils your polish. Revlon sells a small bottle of nail polish thinner that may seem a little expensive (comes in the same size bottle as the polish) but will easily last you more than 5 years. You need only use a couple drops to smooth out your icky polish. I'm an expert on this as I had easily 30 different nail colours and kept them all in good condition.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Well, after all that work I decided to take the polish off One of my nails broke yesterday and after filing there was a small chip at the tip so rather than just fixing that nail which would probably take me another 4 days, I decided to remove all of it.

What a mess! I now remember why I don't bother painting my nails, especially cherry red! When removing it the colour was all over my hands and under my nails. I ended up having to wash my hands in nail polish remover to get my hands clean and there is still residue under my nails! I'll have to tackle that later with an old tooth brush and more polish remover.

I think I'll stick to plain or just clear in the future
You are still crackin me up! I do the exact same things!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It only took me 4 days!