Just saw this on the news...

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A jet plane caught fire in flight, it managed to land. All the people got off safely, when the last person to get off was about 25 foot away, the plane exploded!!! Just as the explosion happened, the pilot could be seen on footage jumping out the window!
I don't know which country it was in, and I couldn't figure out how to put a link to a website with more info. But it was a REALLY close call, If they'd been 5 seconds later getting off, there would have been lives lost!
Wonder if I'll ever get the courage to go on a plane again???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It happened in Japan, and it was a Chinese plane...there's a video on the BBC news website. It's worth watching.

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
where did it happen
china air landing in japan. scary video out there that i saw soemewhere. i sure do luv airplanes but hate to see them on fire like that
r there any good forums around about airplanes or air crashes?

btw, the plane did not catch fire in flight. no fire until they pulled up to the gate. prolly b/c of a fuel or oil leak. the running engine would blow the leak back harmlessally away from the plane, but then when they shut her down all the fluid can flow down on the hot engine and u get a fire.

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Princess-Pickle

Oh right, thanks!
It is pretty rare, right?
depends on what u mean by a 'crash'

repairs req'd?
hull loss?
injuries?
fatalitys?

most people prolly wouldnt even call this one a crash even tho its clealry a hull loss. after all it didnt 'crash' into anythign.

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
heres a link to video of the explosun.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/4570.html

i just realized tho -- what if there were pets in the cargo hold???????? omg, why is it that the media always talk about ***human*** injuries but never talk about the ***animals***????? i mean dont get me wrong im glad no people were hurt but shouldnt the newspeople care about little furbabies or puppies?

vibes that no animals were on board.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they never ever mention the animals!
What is the commonest plane accident cause?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
geez guys, I have a 24 h0ur flight ahead 0f me fr0m this sunday thr0ugh t0 m0nday! Frankfurt Germany - Melb0urne Australia!

Please keep me in y0ur th0ughts that my plane d0esnt bl0w up 0r crash!