71 cats/kittens fixed at today's ACA clinic

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was a very good day....6 vets..we were done by 3 PM. Only had 2 pregnant females, several females though were lactating and we had around 10 kittens. So far, we have spayed/neutered around 1,000 cats/kittens since concentrating on Fairfax County only. Hopefully this number will mean that the shelter has better adoption and euthanizations numbers in 2007.

Katie

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are none in my area , I have been feeding a semi ferral cat since last Oct, I phone SPCA they charge $85-$110 to spay, I saw her today i think she's pregnant , I can pet her , but that is it,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

there are none in my area , I have been feeding a semi ferral cat since last Oct, I phone SPCA they charge $85-$110 to spay, I saw her today i think she's pregnant , I can pet her , but that is it,
Contact the other TNR groups in Canada and explain your situation. Perhaps they can help you to establish a TNR group or better yet, determine ways to start a low cost clinic. Many other communities who now have a low cost clinic, started out without one and it was only someone saying "enough is enough" that anything got done. Ask local vets if they would be willing to consider a day for feral/stray cats. Only cats in cages would be fixed for either a reduced fee or for free. Considering that most feral/stray cats never receive vet care...it is a win, win for the community to reduce their numbers humanely.

Katie