Food Change?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been debating changing Ripley's diet. He is on Iams Weight Control (from the shelter)...

What other companies have a good weight control formula? I was hoping to take advantage of the petfooddirect discount.

I was looking at Wellness.... I'm not sure if I should change the food or not. DH isn't going to like that I mail order the food (stingy!) and in South Korea there isn't much of a selection at all other than what you can get at the grocery store.

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The weight control formulas, in my opinion, are crappy. They generally are full of carbs which cats don't need and don't digest well. Canned food with a high protein content that you feed in smaller amounts is good. I use wellness myself but there are others that fit the bill too. Help your cat get exercise by playing with him. Perhaps get another cat around the same age so they can play together.

Good luck!

Dev

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Devlyn

The weight control formulas, in my opinion, are crappy. They generally are full of carbs which cats don't need and don't digest well. Canned food with a high protein content that you feed in smaller amounts is good. I use wellness myself but there are others that fit the bill too. Help your cat get exercise by playing with him. Perhaps get another cat around the same age so they can play together.

Good luck!

Dev
YES canned food GOOD for wt mgmt .... I would find a HIGH protein Moderate fat food ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one concern is the shipping to an APO box with the canned food. There is a weight limit to what I can purchase...

The last cat I had wouldn't even touch wet food. I don't want to stock up and have that same issue.

I've been looking at Wellness and Nutro and Chicken Soup foods... they sound decent.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

My one concern is the shipping to an APO box with the canned food. There is a weight limit to what I can purchase...

The last cat I had wouldn't even touch wet food. I don't want to stock up and have that same issue.

I've been looking at Wellness and Nutro and Chicken Soup foods... they sound decent.
those three are all good...

If you need a dry I would suggest wellness core if avail... Nutro natural choice adult is the next lowest in carbs