"Talk To Me"

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone posted about a movie, and that reminded me that I've been meaning to mention one too: "Talk To Me," which is still in theaters in most places, I think.

It's a true story: Don Cheadle plays a DJ and civil rights activist in Washington, DC during the mid-1960s. The movie is extremely powerful and emotional, and at the same time, hilarious. It evokes the mood and passion of that time very strongly.

There's a lot of foul language and also some crude moments in it -- but if I had a smart 14-year-old that I felt could absorb the history lesson, I would take him to it without hesitation. With or without your kids, though... I'd encourage you to see this movie.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness, I am DYING to see that!!!
Unfortunately, I'll probably wait until it hits DVD because it's not really a "in the theater necessity"...but I'm definitely looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

I'll probably wait until it hits DVD because it's not really a "in the theater necessity".
That's what we do too. We don't go out much to the movies, unless it's a big special effects type movie that's good on the big screen.

Thanks for the recommendation, Carol. I'll look out for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right, small screen is fine for this one! I only saw it in the theater because I was in the grip of one of my I Gotta Go To The Movies moments and it was the only thing playing that looked like it was worth two hours of my life, y'know?
(And it sure was!)