I'm devastated....

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I went to work at 8:30 and by 9 am I was in severe lower back and abdominal pain...I went to the bathroom and I was bleeding not just a little but blood everywhere
I went to the ER where they examined me(pelvic) done an ultrasound and told me that I had miscarried
They said I was about 7 weeks...I keep feeling like if I had of done something different...maybe there was something I could have done to have saved the baby...Maybe if I had of went to the dr yesterday just maybe....
They put me on several antibotics and put me out of work for a few days..told me to get plenty of rest and gave me something to knock me out they also told me if for I get a temperature anytime over the next week that I need to come back immediately....Im just so shocked

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww sweetheart, I am soo sorry hon
I can not imagine how upset you are right now- and i would be too if i were in your shoes.
Please try to take care of yourself and rest up a bit.

When my sister Kimmy had her first baby, Taylor- a few months afterwards she got pregnant and a few weeks after, miscarried. It was very sad...but the doctors think that her body (she's soo little) was just too stressed from the previous pregnancy/deliver and it just couldn't handle it.

If it is any comfort to you honey- she went on a few months after her miscarriage to have two more beautiful sons.Keep your chin up sweetie...many people who have miscarriages go on to have perfectly healthy babies later on when the time is right. I will keep you in my prayers that when the time is right- you will be able to have a safe/ healthy pregnany in the future. I have no doubt you are going to be a wonderful mommy someday. I hate that this happened to you- but do not let this devistate you sweetheart- even if your little one did not make it- you still had a sweet little one in you and were able to love it- even if for just a moment- and well, that's got to mean something special.
Maybe you can do something to celebrate your little ones life- even though it was short- a life is a life and still a beautiful thing. Maybe you could make a donation to help other little ones like St. Jude - that way your short memory of your little one still lives on and makes a beautiful difference out of a sad circumstance

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's horrible

Is this you're first? I've heard that the first ones for women end up being miscarried, but nothing is wrong with the next.

Many healing vibes for you:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It just wasn't meant to be. Take care of yourself and get better.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and this is a one time issue for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just had no idea...and I feel like if I had of known I could have done something anything to save my baby

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

i just had no idea...and I feel like if I had of known I could have done something anything to save my baby

In many cases NO nothing to be done ... just like half of all pregnacies are likely twins at conception but only 10%( correct me) ever are born twins

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it just wasnt meant to be...I just wanted a baby so bad....it hurts more then I can describe at this point

Thanks everyone for your kind words

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry.
I lost my baby thanksgiving day last year. We have tried for years and even did fertility treatments, so it was a horrible thing to go through. I actually had a tubal and at eight weeks, they had to abort. I know it hurts, but PLEASE DON'T blame yourself. My doctor told me that these things happen for a reason. Maybe there was something wrong with the baby. Most likely nothing at all will go wrong with your next pregnancy. Hugs to you, you are in my prayers.

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't beat yourself up over it. Most people don't know they're pregnant that early. And when the miscarriage happens that early its usually because something was wrong - nothing you did - just how nature works.

Plenty of women go on to have completely normal pregnancies after something like this.

Good luck next time, my prayers are with you and your partner in these hard times

(also, I've never heard that twin statistic in my life - I don't think its true, I couldn't find anything about it on the internet/in medical jounals)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sad. I'm really sorry.
But, my mom miscarried at least twice and later went on to have two more successful pregnancies--I was the result of one of them.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Please be sure to get good followup care with your ob-gyn. I highly doubt there was anything you could have done at such an early stage. Take your time to grieve for this one.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry. I had one miscarriage and three normal pregnancies. In fact the three babies that I had were all late. I did nothing different with the one that I miscarried. There is nothing that you could have done and this doesn't mean the next pregnancy will end the same way.