what a night

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well we was ment to be taking the children to bowling tonight, so we all get ready and jump in the car.
i had to stop of at the bank to take some money out, i get back to the car and my DH had the bonet up
, it went dead on him in a matter of seconds!! anyway i cant drive dont know a thing about it, i had high heel sandles on and he wanted me to push start it lol , so i say to a begger *bless his heart* if he wouldnt mind helping me push the car, he was happy to help.
we finally got it running , so i gave him £5.00 for his help he was greatfull, then we was on our way again
well we had to stop of around his dads house to pick something up, tried to turn the car on again nothing!!! wouldnt even jump start it again. so we had to call out the road rescue, they was very quick a bout 10 mins or so, he started the car up and left, then it died seconds after the rescue left
(now i have the kids moaning at me because they want to go bowling) they was so upset.
so we get the rescue out again, was only like 5 mins this time he got it started and followed us home in case it went again. but it behaved itself all the way home. he said the battery isnt keeping its charge so we need to get a new one. we tried the car again and guess what??? it starts with no problems and has done since

the thing is the last time we went bowling the exhust SP? fell of lol, i think next time we will use public transport

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the car isn't keeping its charge its the altenator not the battery because once its charged the altenator (sp) will keep the battery going unless the altenator is bad. btw sorry you missed out on bowling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

If the car isn't keeping its charge its the altenator not the battery because once its charged the altenator (sp) will keep the battery going unless the altenator is bad. btw sorry you missed out on bowling
its not the altenator they check that and it was fine, they checked the battery and its not charging so once the car is turned of it wouldnt start up again. they used this little machine thing to test them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea he did say they needed a bit of a clean lol, im completey clueless when it comes to cars.