well now I'm worried

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm supposed to leave tomorrow go for training and I'm supposed to be staying in a hotel all week. I talked to the girl who books the hotels on friday and she sad she would forward me the confirmation for the hotel so I had all the information. Never got it, so friday right before closing I left a voicemail on her cell phone.

Never heard back, so I called the other person I had a cell number for. He told me the name of the hotel. So I called the hotel and they do have a reservation for Sunday through Thursday under the company name, but my name isn't the one listed as the person checking in. So I called back the girl booking the hotels and left her another voice mail.

I'm getting very worried about this. I mean, I just wish she'd call me back so I know I have a place to stay. I don't want to have to drive three hours only to find out I'm sleeping in my car for the night, ya know? And god, its just so hard to get in contact with people on a weekend... and I know that's not their work schedule... but geez, if she has just sent me the confirmation on friday like she said, I wouldn't have to deal with this at all!

So I'm a little panicked now. I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to call back the one guy I could get in touch with... the other part doesn't because he seemed not too thrilled that I had his cell phone number.

Blech... I hate when things get complicated for no good reason

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call the hotel back, tell them there was a mistake and your name is supposed to be on the list, and that the girl will be calling them to confirm that on Monday? Get everyone's names you speak with. How irresponsible of that girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know right! But then heres the even stranger part...when I called the office, some guy answered the phone and said the chick doesn't work there anymore... and then said "just kidding!" Uhh, WHAT?! Don't do that! I don't know who the guy was (I mean he wasn't one of the higher ups or anything) But that made me wonder if he really wasn't kidding, but then after he said it maybe he thought he wasnt supposed to tell me that? Erm, I don't know.

I tried calling back the hotel and they said there was only one reservation under the company name in the next few weeks and then told me the first name of the person checking in (not me... not even close). Apparently the only thing I could do was drive there and then have them put the room on my credit card (not something I can do right now), and then go in on monday and try to get this figured out.

But since I can't afford that
I sucked it up and called the first guy back on his cell phone since hes one of the higher ups. I felt *really bad* since I could tell he was out somewhere at the time. I told him I was so very sorry for calling him again on a weekend, but I just didn't know what else to do. He said he'd call them and book the room and I should just drive up tomorrow and it would all be ok.

The down side, he seemed a little ticked by the whole thing... but I'm just hoping he was ticked at the chick for not making the reservation and not ticked at me for calling him on a weekend.

Was I wrong? I couldn't think of anything else to do

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO you wasnt wrong, when its work related you need to know what is going on or they will soon moan if something didnt go right!!
im glad you have it sorted now.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the person that was to book your room works (worked) at your company??
You do not have a corporate CC?? Personally I think you did the right thing by contacting someone else. It shouldn't have taken him too much time to book a room for you. Of course unless its on his corporate CC and he has to expense it?? (Expense accts can be a pain-been there done that!!)
How are meals to be handled??? Could you have gotten a cash advance from your company??

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Don't take it as the guy being ticked off with you. You had a legitimate need. I really think he is ticked off at someone who should have been doing her job and didn't. I hope it all turns out ok for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

So the person that was to book your room works (worked) at your company??
You do not have a corporate CC?? Personally I think you did the right thing by contacting someone else. It shouldn't have taken him too much time to book a room for you. Of course unless its on his corporate CC and he has to expense it?? (Expense accts can be a pain-been there done that!!)
How are meals to be handled??? Could you have gotten a cash advance from your company??
Because this is the only time I will have expenses with the company (just a training week to learn their software since this is the first time I'm working with them) they don't give me a corporate account. The company pays for it, but it doesn't come out of his expense account. It's a corporate expense so it comes out of the main corporate account instead of his personal expense account... if I explained that well
They are paying for the hotel, lunch and dinner (hot breakfast provided by hotel). I believe I am being reimbursed for the food instead of them paying it upfront, but thats ok. I can afford food for a week... just not a hotel.

I can't blame this on him... because it wasn't his job to book the hotel for me. It was her fault as her job is to book all the hotels, provide for food and get all the documentation set up for the new people like me (I assume she's HR). But I called her twice on her cell and she never answered, so my only choice was to call him (and he is one of the higher ups, so I may have gotten her in a lot of trouble
) He was the only one who answered his cell.

I mean, I didn't want to get her in trouble or anything... but I was so in the dark I didnt even know the name of the hotel in the first place until I called him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet hes miffed at the girl who didnt do her job. You on the other hand were just trying to talk to someone who could do her job for her and it just so happen to be him. I wouldnt worry about it anymore and focus only on the week ahead, staying in a hotel room, being catered to, bed made for you everyday, clean towels left for you everyday!

Good Luck next week

I just saw where you said "you didnt want to get her in trouble" .... you didnt, she's the one who didnt do what she was suppose to, not you.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you were able to get it sorted for tomorrow. FWIW, if I were you, I'd have checked in Sunday at the hotel you were told, explain to them that there was a mistake w/the reservation name, and guaranteed the room for SUNDAY ONLY with your CC -- if it's left open, they would not charge your card. That would have allowed you time on Monday to get in touch w/the girl who should have done this Friday, and given her holy HE!! for you having to even pull out your personal charge card for her screw-up.

I've been in your shoes, and I HATED having to call a manager to take care of a purely clerical task, because I know how annoyed they get, but it seems like that's what you needed to do in this case. Good luck w/your training!!!!