She'll only eat baby food - chicken

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,
We have a kitten who will only eat baby food - chicken to be exact. We are working with a vet and I am feeding her prescription food until she gets her weight up, but I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem and what cat food they found that kitty would eat? (she's 12 weeks old btw)
I've tried Whiskas - the chunky stuff with gravy, fancy feast, nutro - a bunch of different flavors of each, and she wants none of it. Vet says to get her to eat whatever we can for now...normally I would feed her something natural and healthy - but for now, they don't care what she eats as long as she eats it.
Thanks!

hdizzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andrea727

Hello,
We have a kitten who will only eat baby food - chicken to be exact. We are working with a vet and I am feeding her prescription food until she gets her weight up, but I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem and what cat food they found that kitty would eat? (she's 12 weeks old btw)
I've tried Whiskas - the chunky stuff with gravy, fancy feast, nutro - a bunch of different flavors of each, and she wants none of it. Vet says to get her to eat whatever we can for now...normally I would feed her something natural and healthy - but for now, they don't care what she eats as long as she eats it.
Thanks!
Try Purina Pro-Plan (Or Purina One) canned kitten food. I've never had a kitten turn that down. I have had dozens turn down Iams canned kitten food. Have you tried warming it up? What about plain yogurt or tuna? Those might help. OR the cat milk that comes in those juice box type containers. Mix a little of the cat milk in with anything.

Good luck.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hdizzy

Try Purina Pro-Plan (Or Purina One) canned kitten food. I've never had a kitten turn that down. I have had dozens turn down Iams canned kitten food. Have you tried warming it up? What about plain yogurt or tuna? Those might help. OR the cat milk that comes in those juice box type containers. Mix a little of the cat milk in with anything.

Good luck.
i agree with that. the stinkier the food the better. and the pate` is better, cause they really dont have to "chew" it, and you can mix it with the cat milk. warming is a good idea too.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some finely shredded boiled chicken or a bit of hamburger. Also Friskies or Nature's Choice canned - not the sliced stuff but the more solid kind.

How old is this kitten?