Photographs I took of my cat.

ian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, just joined this forum - been reading the information here quite a while and it's very useful.

I took some photos of my cat, and I would like to share it with you.

Mine isn't any particular breed.. in fact, he has a odd history - his grandmother gave birth to a three cute kittens (one of which is his mother) in our garden and cared for until they were big enough - then the grandmother left them - leaving the caring responsibilities to us..

One kitten mysteriously disappeared (it had to be the most beautiful one) and we cared for the other two, one male and female. Unfortunately I accidentally reversed over the male one in my car (sorry!
)and though he survived he was never the same again, being very cautious at everything.

We never did gave it names for some reason, but we fed them well. The female one gave birth two another two kittens. At this point, the male one decided to run away. Then the mother of these two cared for them until they were big enough, then she herself decided to run away too, although we feed them very well.

We gave the other to a friend and kept this one - so we've had 2 generations of cats now.. We've named him Ning, and here're his pictures..

I have more, but basically they're about the same and I just chose the best ones.

Hope you guys like them, for my first post!

EDIT: Oh yes, he has three 'toes' as opposed to four on his front legs and the hair on his back grows upwards to his head starting from his shoulder. Just thought I'd like to point that out. But he's very intelligent, and I suspect his father is actually our neighbor's cat. (Resembles 80% of him)

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's lovely. He's got beautiful eyes. How do you get him to pose like that or have you just got a camera thats reall quick? My digital Camera has a stupid delay on it so I can never get the pictures I want.. and it doesn't have a flash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

He's lovely. He's got beautiful eyes. How do you get him to pose like that or have you just got a camera thats reall quick? My digital Camera has a stupid delay on it so I can never get the pictures I want.. and it doesn't have a flash
I found him sitting in the garden one afternoon, just sitting by himself and not moving at all. This throughout the time I ran upstairs to get my camera and down again. It helped to have a good zoom lens (84.2mm lens) to get such a close up, so I guess equipment mattered a little - but I guess just timing and your cat's cooperation had a lot to do with it too, since if he's moving around I probably won't be able to get a good shot either.

ian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, thanks for the kind comments. Will take more pictures and post them up once I get back. Glad you'all liked them.

ian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here're some more I took out from my digital "photo album". I'm using attachments for these to save time.. I do notice that there is a limit to all attachments here..

The third photo is our neighbor's cat. See the resemblence?