Did anyone see the news about the horse found with a hachet stuck in his skull?

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday morning on aol news was the story about a horse who was
found with a hachet stuck in his skull!!!!!
The horse is going
to be fine, but I'm not.......OMG!!! Michael Vick has certaintly generated
some jerks to become brave and out of control, or should I say the media,
just gave abunch of heartless sicko's a new idea! Hell i can't even
explain what type people these folks are because my brain can't come
up with the right words to call them!! I know it makes me want to hurt
somebody! Who on God's green earth would do such.....????? Anyway,
I am so tired of all the bad, and evil, it's one thing for these idiots to kill
each other, but when you start messing with animals, well where is the lynch-mob when you need them!!!???

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sickens me to see a horse, or any animal for that matter, hurt in any way. There are a lot of sick humans on this earth, sad to say. However, what makes you think it had something to do with Michael Vick?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the most detailed article of the tragedy I could find at this point.....
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
What an absolute disgusting, inhumane act! It is also sad that this incident is not getting better coverage! It sounds like an act of pure evil intending to test someones ability to inflict the same on humans. The sad part is that it is not being treated as if.......and an animals life is not significant enough!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is sickening

I remember when I was younger a friend of mine went to the paddock one morning to feed her horses to find her elderly mare staggering round drenched in blood with a crossbow bolt sticking out of her head. The horse survived but had brain damage which affected her coordination a bit. All her three horses had been rescued by her from a particularly bad abusive situation, and all she ever wanted for this old girl was that she lived out the rest of her life in peace, and then this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

It sickens me to see a horse, or any animal for that matter, hurt in any way. There are a lot of sick humans on this earth, sad to say. However, what makes you think it had something to do with Michael Vick?
I really didn't mean anything to do with him literally, but all the media coverage on his bad behavior toward animals, could have triggered
some other weirdo's to act out! Kinda like, 'I wonder if I did this, (put
a hachet in a horses skull) maybe it'll get some news coverage? So the jerk,
gets off on it!! Heck, I can't imagine really what triggers a weirdo, to do
what they do! All I know is the media can sure open a can of worms!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister lives in the Twin Cities, Minnesota and she said their have been some whacked out animal cruelty cases this year. One was an attack on a horse (the horse was killed
). She sent me some links on the various stories. She said the police are following up--they know that killers start with animals first.
It's pretty messed up. I grew up in the suburbs of the Twin Cities, and that kind of stuff is not common.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
along with the horse story, someone on the blog said, in their town, these young kids, got some puppies, lit them on fire, and watched them run around
the yard until they died! The parents said, duh! They didn't even know
anything was going on!!???
YEAH, RIGHT~~I could go postal on some people! Then another story was someone set this ladies cat on fire and then threw it out her window, 3 stories down! I can't take much more! I don't know what rock I was under all my life, but I might need to get back underneath it , it seems like I didn't hear of this kind of thing until I became an adult, well middle 30's. Now it's just everywhere we turn!!!!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is just sick!!
I hate hearing about any animal cruelty, but when it comes to horses and cats, it just hits closer to home for me. I hope they catch this person and put them UNDER the jail! Too bad the authorities can't do to them what they did to the horse!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid if anyone had done anything to my cats..... the authorities
wouldn't need to go after them, I would and then I'd be under the jail!!!
naw! but it hurts me so bad hearing of all this garbage! I'm all talk and no do!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually did go after the neighbors that were bothering my horse 1 time. The law would have backed me up, but these people had had so many brushes with the law, that they wouldn't call them. Their kid was actually coming onto our property to torment our animals.
I hate that kid! They have dogs that they don't take care of and they intentionally made their Rott mean. It's the only mean Rott that I have EVER seen!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

I actually did go after the neighbors that were bothering my horse 1 time. The law would have backed me up, but these people had had so many brushes with the law, that they wouldn't call them. Their kid was actually coming onto our property to torment our animals.
I hate that kid! They have dogs that they don't take care of and they intentionally made their Rott mean. It's the only mean Rott that I have EVER seen!!
let's be animal cops?????!! I hate that kid too!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be finding
someway to fix his lil' butt! Torment him/her you know, "dose of your own medicine?"and scare the holy living crap out of them!!!!I can if I need too!!!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

let's be animal cops?????!! I hate that kid too!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be finding
someway to fix his lil' butt! Torment him/her you know, "dose of your own medicine?"and scare the holy living crap out of them!!!!I can if I need too!!!
He was a little brat and now he's a big brat! My mom still lives across the street from them and now the only other difference (other than size) is that he is sneakier about it. I don't think that he bothers Mom's animals quite as much, but he still does sometimes (at least she seems pretty sure that he does).

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always say there is a special kind of hell for those who abuse animals. Worse thant the "normal" hell that sh*theads to go when they die. As for Michael Vicks, I'm surprised that A-hole is still walking the earth.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

...I know it makes me want to hurt
somebody!
Yes, exactly. I have the same awful impulse, which of course is part of what's so evil about the behavior in the first place -- violence fosters violence.

Here in Dallas, the thug who beat and set fire to a pit bull puppy named Mercy (who later died) is out walking around. He's gotten into all sorts of further trouble with the law, but he's still not locked up where he belongs. I'll never understand why the law takes animal abuse so lightly.

Even if we don't value animals more highly than this, we should bear in mind that, as Littleraven pointed out, animal cruelty is often a harbinger of predatory behavior against humans, including serial torture and murder. What if someone had paid attention to Jeffrey Dahmer when he was mutilating animals in his backyard? Maybe he could have been committed, treated, possibly even cured of his insanity.

At the very least, animal abusers need to be registered and tracked just like child abusers -- because in both cases, there's a perverse need to exert power over the powerless. That's a very dangerous kind of perversion.