A beautiful chocolate Labrador abandoned on the street!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today a beautiful chocolate Labrador dog was left leash tied outside a deli, 3 hours later we realized abandoned. He is a sweet, very healthy dog from the neighborhood, we recognize him, but no sign of the owner! He is with a friend who is a trainer tonight, then in the morning it is a search for the owner. He is such a sweet older dog, hope we find his home, or a new one without the shelter! Vibes appreciated!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will never ever in my life understand how people can abandon an animal

sending lots of vibes your way for a wonderful new home for this sweet boy

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is really horrible. Not that it is ever right to abandon any animal but Labs are such wonderful dogs. Like other hunting dogs they get very attached to their humans and they are very easy to train. It's just a matter of getting them to understand what someone wants them to do because they really want to please their people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denice

That is really horrible. Not that it is ever right to abandon any animal but Labs are such wonderful dogs. Like other hunting dogs they get very attached to their humans and they are very easy to train. It's just a matter of getting them to understand what someone wants them to do because they really want to please their people.
You are so right on with this guy! I don't even know his name and he was very obedient when I walked him, would sit when asked, and just kept looking back and forth for his owner, so sad!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please keep us posted. I hope nothing actually happened to the owner. I'm guessing he's got no ID. He may be microchipped, though. Let us know.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

You are so right on with this guy! I don't even know his name and he was very obedient when I walked him, would sit when asked, and just kept looking back and forth for his owner, so sad!
I just thank the good lord for people like you!!!Bless his heart! and yours!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank goodness there's people in this world like you! thanks so much for helping him out.
you should posts pictures of him.
I love labs.
I have 2 lab mixes and they are truly the best dogs I have ever had.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh! I have a soft spot for chocolate labs because most of their breeds noses are pink! Poor baby! I'm glad he's in good care now. Hurray for the trainer!
Did you know that box-headed chocolate labs are the rarest out of the lab breed? At least that's what my friend's brother said. He owns one and is an avid breeder for labs.
How old is he? I hope the nearest ASPCA does criminal charges on him for abandonment if he truly did leave him there all alone. But there's always the hope that it was an accident or he got lost.

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww. No tag at all?

Maybe the owner is just ditzy and honestly forget they brought their puppy with them to the store? My mom and brother did that once. Took our German Shepherd, Grizzly on a walk to get groceries - went in one side but out the other and just forgot they'd brought him (it wasn't something they did often). We didn't realize for over 2 hrs when the grocery store called us and told us he was there (he had tags).

I was sooo ticked at my bro and mom. Fortunately the grocery store was only like a 5 min walk away so I jumped on my bike and was there to get him in like 2 min. There were some nice people that had brought him water and boy was he happy to see me - he was such a sweet and patient dog but you can tell he'd started to get worried.

My mom and bro really did feel bad though.

So hopefully thats what happened here and someone is really missing/worried about him now.

melsb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is beyond me how anyone can take an animal and tie it up outside of a place and walk off.

I live in a small town and our animal shelter remembers which dogs have been adopted out to which people. Anyway there was an older golden retriever dropped off downtown that a friend of ours eventually needed up taking home (he's a wonderful dog). Do you know, the man that dropped the older golden off ended up returning to the animal shelter to look for a new, younger golder retriever about a week later! He's been banned from adopting in this community.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UP DATE!

We found the dogs owner! She is a neighborhood women with a daughter who were both completely devastated that their dog was missing! Strange story but apparently her boyfriend had the dog with him and asked someone to watch him then said he was going to the laundry mat but the person thought he said the liquor store. So when the boyfriend didn't show up at the liquor store, they left the dog tied outside
..........................Sounds to me that this woman needs to find a new boyfriend, why would you ever leave someone else's dog with someone who doesn't even care to call you and just abandons it! But they were ecstatic to get him back! All is well for the choco lab!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

UP DATE!

We found the dogs owner! She is a neighborhood women with a daughter who were both completely devastated that their dog was missing! Strange story but apparently her boyfriend had the dog with him and asked someone to watch him then said he was going to the laundry mat but the person thought he said the liquor store. So when the boyfriend didn't show up at the liquor store, they left the dog tied outside
..........................Sounds to me that this woman needs to find a new boyfriend, why would you ever leave someone else's dog with someone who doesn't even care to call you and just abandons it! But they were ecstatic to get him back! All is well for the choco lab!
that is one strange story, but I'm glad he's reunited with his family!!! How'd you find them?

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whew!So glad for that dog, he is so lucky! how did you ever find the owners?
they probably found you , I'm just glad "one of us" got to her before some
evil crazy did! I have to thank you again, just when I was about to give up
on good news, well your story has given me so hope back!!!Yeah!!

Have a great day, Cheylink!
Your a hero!
Monique

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad the dog is back home. I too would have serious doubts about that boyfriend. At the very least he would be spending some time in the doghouse.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by melsb

It is beyond me how anyone can take an animal and tie it up outside of a place and walk off.

I live in a small town and our animal shelter remembers which dogs have been adopted out to which people. Anyway there was an older golden retriever dropped off downtown that a friend of ours eventually needed up taking home (he's a wonderful dog). Do you know, the man that dropped the older golden off ended up returning to the animal shelter to look for a new, younger golder retriever about a week later! He's been banned from adopting in this community.
Hello!!! here goes another jerk! Good for your town and shelter! Just when you think you've heard it all..........it's people! If I think about them very deep.... I think I would be so depressed! My gosh who raised all the idiots?