worried about my cat.

skinticket

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For a while now hes been having this problem. Most of the time, hes sleeping, or messing around with my other cat or playing, etc. but every now and then he starts throwing up and its like he gets constipated and trys to poop everywhere or something. He just sorta bends down or w/e like hes trying to crap but he cant or something. Its been getting worse so now i will be taking him to the vet in a few days to see whats up. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Do you think hes just constipated or something wrong? Thanks guys

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He could be constipated, which is not a small problem in a cat as chronic constipation can lead to mega colon.
He could be obstructed with a foreign object in his intestine. The longer this is left, the worse it can be. I had a cat die from this particular ailment and another who survived the surgery to remove it. The culprit in each case was thread.
He could be trying to pee, not poop. In this case he could have a UTI, bladder stones, crystals in his urethra or other obstruction. If he can't void his bladder, the urine will back up into the kidneys causing kidney failure, or the bladder will rupture. This is a BAD THING.
The likely culprit is an obstruction of the digestive tract. I say this because of the vomiting. Severe constipation can also cause this.
Your cat is at risk. Sharky's right, take him to the Emergency Vet.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take him in and please let us know. ((((HUGS))))
Animals have very regular systems - much more than us emotional, dysfunctional humans do, so when these types of symptoms occur it's far, far worse than how we view our own.....
Go quickly my dear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skinticket

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the responses you guys are sooooo helpful! Im waiting on my mom to come back from where ever she is so i can tell her whats up. I hope everything turns out okay. Im not sure when we will be able to bring him to the vet, but it should be within the next couple of days. Thanks guys

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skinticket

Thanks for all the responses you guys are sooooo helpful! Im waiting on my mom to come back from where ever she is so i can tell her whats up. I hope everything turns out okay. Im not sure when we will be able to bring him to the vet, but it should be within the next couple of days. Thanks guys
It seems from your reply that you don't believe your cat is in any real danger and can wait a couple days. The folks here that have told you this is serious know what they are talking about - a couple days may well be too late for your cat. I sincerely hope that your next post will not be one telling us the vet was unable to save your cat.