What is the one thing you won't let your family member/friend live down?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my son was three he was very much into comic heroes as his dad had drilled into his head from the day he was born. Batman, Superman, Spiderman etc.

One time I was visiting a friend and her dog began to bark. We sort of looked around and my friend stated it was just the "mailman". Upon hearing this my sons face lit up like a candle, he got a goofy surprised grin and his arms went into the air as to take flight and said "MAILMAN!"

We had to explain that the mailman did not have a cape and did not fly from house to house. He was disappointed to say the least.

To this day when ever we drive by a mail truck I have to yell "MAILMAN!"

My son will be 19 in a couple weeks

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is a good one

once we were playing Pictionary and our neighbor yelled out "sell them to the gypsies for a dime!!" in refernce to something I was drawing, so now whenever I say something that someone doesn't understand they yell that

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my little sister was 5. My mom came in the kitchen to find her with a sink full of bubbles, My mom asked her what she was doing, she said I am giving the turtles a bubble bath, we have never let her forget

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I can think of is that when we were dating DH called a yellow light an orange light. He's a touch color blind so differences like that can be hard for him.

I on the other hand, have several things people don't let me forget...some it's time to let go thank you very much!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree sometimes people need to let things go. My aunt is horrible and remembers EVERYTHING and brings stuff up all the time! Glad I'm not the only one she does it too.

However, every meal we have at her house, we ask her if she put yeast in her bread. One thanksgiving she forgot and had to make it all over again.....she made a new loaf, and it was done as everyone was getting their coats on to leave. We all had a good laugh over her "church bread".

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend of 17 yrs is an AWESOME cook now. I swear, she can cook ANYTHING!

When we were teenagers myself, her and our other best friend, had all slept over the night before at my house.
The next morning, Adrianne (The cook) said she wanted to make pancakes.
She went about making them and when she was done, we all grabbed a plate full of them.
OMG! The were HORRIBLE! I swear, you could wash dishes with these things!

So on occasion when she makes a mistake, I ask her if she wants a pancake

Myself?
My sister used to tell me I was adopted from ethiopia (because I was sooooo skinny) and one day a white van would pull up in front of the house, two men would get out and take me back to "My homeland". For YEARS I would cry hysterically when I'd see a white van go by the house

To this day, she asks me if I'm ready to go home

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
every Thanksgiving the gravy incident is brought up to my cousin courtney and myself . we were all sitting at the dinner table gracefully talking when i ask courtney to pass the gravy (in a gravy boat), she turns her head the other way and pretty much poured the gravy right into my lap! I don't even tink there was much left!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a gravy boat incident. Though it's worked out nicely for my brother. Several years ago, after christmas diner, he stacked the good china dishes in the sink. They all shifted causing the gravy boat to break. It took my parents years to find a replacement in the right pattern. So, every year we joke but it's not funny because they don't' let him wash the good china anymore which usually mean I have to.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess Thanksgiving is prime material. My niece was about 5 or 6yrs. and had a very hardy appetite. She ate so much at dinner that on the way home her parents had to get out her little brother's dump truck for her to throw up in.

For years my mother would tell that story every Thanksgiving "Franny don't eat too much, we don't have a dump truck handy."

At my mother's funeral my niece got up to speak and all she had to say was "remember the dump truck".

To this day I both laugh and cry when I think of this story.

By the way my niece is now 35yrs old.

melsb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My beloved Gwen Cat (RIP) was sitting on the back of the chair that my husband's 16 year old sister was sitting in as well. My husband told his sister, "Lea, kiss the cat. She likes kisses."

Lea, being 16 and annoying, replies, "I don't want to kiss your stupid cat."

Gwen looked straight at Lea and smacked her right across the face with her paw (no claws). It was the funniest thing ever and I'm not sure I would have completely believed the story except I was sitting there watching them!

My husband and I still laugh about that day. God, I miss that cat...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and my bf wont let my sister get out of her "Credit Card Ebay Fraud"... LOL when she was 17 (I think) she used to steal my moms credit card, which was not like her at all, she was always very well behaved (a friend talked her into it, claiming that she does it herself all the time) and purchase all this Cheerleading apparel and Linkin Park Paraphanelia/Cd's. I was wondering how she was getting all this stuff because she had no credit card or checks at the time. Well I kept my mouth shut, deciding not to make any accusations. One day my mom opened her credit card statement and started freaking out from all these unknown charges... So me being the big sis, knew it was my younger sis and I snitched her out (because that is not cool). My mom made my sis pay her back for every charge, made her return items, reported it to her credit card company, and even cancelled payment on all of my sisters pending ebay purchases. LOL last year we went to look at my sisters ebay feedback and it was horrible (Fraud, Theft, etc) she has officially closed that ebay account and learned a good lesson. It is funny to all of us now because we never expected her to do something like that (she was so nieve and innocent) and the fact that she was thinking she would get away with it. This was almost 5 years ago, but she still hasnt lived it down... Whenever she brings up something about us (that she wont let us live down) we say "What was that you wanted to tell us about credit cards?"

She starts blushing and says "Shut Up, that was forever ago"... My mom just rolls her eyes and laughs... Its funny to us because it is the only BAD thing my sister has ever done.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well one of the ones I can think of in my family is when my brother was little and stayed the night at my grandmas house.

He slept in the same bed with her and I guess she forgot to take her false teeth out and they somehow fell out while she was sleeping.....so when he woke up he said "Ewwww gross! Grandma your teeth fell out and they took your gums with them!"

So of course she won't let him forget that.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok theres 2 for me!
One is one year my grandmother sat a glass casserole dish down on a hot burner resulting in a spray of glass and green bean casserole all over their kitchen. So we always ask her if the eye is off when she sits anything down.
The other, (yet again at my grandparents house) it was Thanksgiving and we were waiting for the turkey and the oven went out...randomly... so then we decided to cook the turkey on the grill! Which would have worked if it hadnt ran out of propane in about 10 minutes! We ended up going over to the neighbors and borrowing their propane tank and finishing the turkey. We still dont know if it was just where we were so hungry or the way it was cooked, but that was the best turkey we've ever had! But we always make sure to have propane in the tank for holidays now!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in a time long ago, me and some friends where out having beer on a saturday night. Well my one friend picked up a older lady( lol older being like 34, well that seemed old back then)

well later as i was laying down trying to sleep my phone rings,
with a collect call from a friend.
Me : hello
Him: dude come pick me up
ME: where are you
Him: mayfield hights
Me: %^%$ that that is like a hour away.
Him: please bro come get me, i am stuck, and need a ride.
me: have your fling drive you home.
him: cant her husband came home
me:grrr, fine where are.
him: tells me the street. he was on.
me: ok, it will take some time,
him: hurry up man its cold,(it was late fall almost winter), Oh and could you bring me some colthes to wear

i get there and he was standing in a phone booth naked wrapped up in a blanket with nothing but his socks on.

lol he has still never lived that one down.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was about 6 years old my sister was 13. We were in the kitchen and my sister turns and asks me how to boil water. I told her "I think you put water in a pot and turn on the stove". Imagine a 6 year old telling her big sister how to "cook".

Every time we are at each other's house and one of us is cooking, I always turn to her and ask her how to boil water. My sister is now 54. Yup, we've been ribbing her for over 40 years on that one!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

When my son was three he was very much into comic heroes as his dad had drilled into his head from the day he was born. Batman, Superman, Spiderman etc.

One time I was visiting a friend and her dog began to bark. We sort of looked around and my friend stated it was just the "mailman". Upon hearing this my sons face lit up like a candle, he got a goofy surprised grin and his arms went into the air as to take flight and said "MAILMAN!"

We had to explain that the mailman did not have a cape and did not fly from house to house. He was disappointed to say the least.

To this day when ever we drive by a mail truck I have to yell "MAILMAN!"

My son will be 19 in a couple weeks
Oh...I couldn't figure out the reference first....my great aunt (who is unfortunately no longer with us) was very much into our heritage, so she used to give those of us that are "of the blood" (meaning of my grandfather's heritage) special commemorative coins. We always thought it was strange how she would not give coins to spouses (aka "not of the blood")

So it has become a tradition in my Scottish family that every time we get together, we always have "bloods" and "non bloods" photos.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of these were great but this one...

Originally Posted by theimp98

in a time long ago, me and some friends where out having beer on a saturday night. Well my one friend picked up a older lady( lol older being like 34, well that seemed old back then)

well later as i was laying down trying to sleep my phone rings,
with a collect call from a friend.
Me : hello
Him: dude come pick me up
ME: where are you
Him: mayfield hights
Me: %^%$ that that is like a hour away.
Him: please bro come get me, i am stuck, and need a ride.
me: have your fling drive you home.
him: cant her husband came home
me:grrr, fine where are.
him: tells me the street. he was on.
me: ok, it will take some time,
him: hurry up man its cold,(it was late fall almost winter), Oh and could you bring me some colthes to wear

i get there and he was standing in a phone booth naked wrapped up in a blanket with nothing but his socks on.

lol he has still never lived that one down.
And he never ever should. That is a classic

I thought of another one while I was reading these.

It is sort of sad as my brother is passed about two years after this incident but when he was about 16 or 17 he got into some trouble. To this day I don't even remember what he did or why our mom was yelling at him but if you can imagine my 5' 2" mom yelling at her 6' son and she was going on and waving her finger at him.

"IF YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THAT YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING BUTTER"

Of course being the jokester he was he could not let that go and he started laughing, which got her laughing, which got me laughing. She was like oh "shut up"

Well I don't think he got away with it but his punishment was a lot less due to her slip of the toungue.

He did not let her forget it either. Everytime she was irritaed with him all he had to do was wave his finger and say "butter, butter, butter" and he had her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My nephew is 30 years old. When he was about 4 his grandad took him to see a movie and part way through Clinton had to go to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom Clint told him that he could do it himself and went into a stall. He comes out and goes towards the door. His grandad asked him if he wasn't going to wash his hands. Clint took a turn towards the sink, turned on the tap and held his left hand (he's left handed) under the water and then dried it on his pants leg. His grandad said "What about the other hand?" To which Clinton replied "I only used one!"
Occasionally at a family gathering when he's exiting the bathroom someone will say "did you wash both hands?" LOL