22% off sale at PetFoodDirect!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today through the 19th, use coupon code: PET3449

I just stocked up on 4 cases of Sheba for Penny, a three month's supply, and at the 22% off, was able to get a 15 lb bag of Royal Canin Dry for free! (Obviously, it wasn't free, but I saved over $31 on my entire order, which equates to a free bag of cat food.
)

I generally only use these guys when they offer savings of over 20%, but the convenience and ease of ordering makes it worth it!

Definitely do your price comparisons, but for the Sheba, it is SO worth it!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been waiting for a coupon over 20%! This morning I ordered some Serengetti dry and Solid Gold wet (both of which I've been wanting to try).

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info! I use World's Best litter and it's running low. This gives me an opportunity to restock. No more excuses

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a look, but shipping costs were $18, and the food is only $28... how do you guys not pay a fortune in shipping???

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh but the FURminator's are on sale, the sale and 22% discount would be sweet.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I had a look, but shipping costs were $18, and the food is only $28... how do you guys not pay a fortune in shipping???
Really?
My shipping has never been more than $9 (and my discount today was $12). I wonder why yours is so high!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever I try to use the 20-22% discounts, I don't save enough to cover shipping....so I usually don't order. But, those new Wellness pouches PFD carries....

ETA: I end up with high shipping, too Sarah!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I guess it depends on what you are ordering and how far it is being shipped, as shipping is based upon weight & distance. The great thing is that the 22% usually completely covers what I would pay for shipping, so for ME it's like going to the pet store without the hassle.

I bought 4 cases of Sheba at $27.99 per case = $111.96. That comes to $1.17 per tub, before the discount. Here they sell for $1.19 in the stores, unless they are on sale for $ .99, which isn't too often.

I also bought one 15 lb. bag of RC on sale for $28.99. $111.96 + $28.99 = $140.95. Apply the discount of $31.01, = $109.94, plus shipping of $11.49, grand total for my order: $121.43.

So for me, it's quite a deal.
And I'm lazy, so now I won't have to buy any cat food for at least 2-3 months - I stocked up on the Meow Mix Selects at $ .33 per pouch earlier this week at PetsMart.

Shopping!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put in a 20lb bag of Felidae. I didn't think that'd be much more than Betsy's 15lb bag of dry and millions of tubs of Sheba
Apparently it is though!

They must be on the East Coast.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I put in a 20lb bag of Felidae. I didn't think that'd be much more than Betsy's 15lb bag of dry and millions of tubs of Sheba
Apparently it is though!

They must be on the East Coast.
I think they are located in PA. I'm sorry that is isn't worth it for you - that stinks!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I think they are located in PA. I'm sorry that is isn't worth it for you - that stinks!
That's ok, my local pet store sells the Felidae dry for about $28 as well, and once I buy 8 bags (or something like that...) I get a bag free, so it's not a problem to keep shopping there!

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of the reasons I don't order them in addition to shipping fees is that when I'm at work they deliver it to my home but instead of leaving the package there put a note on my door indicating that they will only make 3 attempts to deliver the package because I have to sign for it. Which means the package will get shipped back to the manufacturer as I am unable to be home during the day Monday through Friday to sign for it. Is there a way to request that they leave it at my door when I'm at work so I don't have to go through this?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

One of the reasons I don't order them in addition to shipping fees is that when I'm at work they deliver it to my home but instead of leaving the package there put a note on my door indicating that they will only make 3 attempts to deliver the package because I have to sign for it. Which means the package will get shipped back to the manufacturer as I am unable to be home during the day Monday through Friday to sign for it. Is there a way to request that they leave it at my door when I'm at work so I don't have to go through this?
Actually, yes, PFD has an area (unlike most companies) that allows you to give very specific delivery instructions.

I am able to always get my packages from them delivered to my back door, no problems.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Whenever I try to use the 20-22% discounts, I don't save enough to cover shipping....so I usually don't order. But, those new Wellness pouches PFD carries....

ETA: I end up with high shipping, too Sarah!
I did also - sad, because I've been happy with my orders from them before. A free shipping code would be better than the 22% discount!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ask and ye shall receive, I guess! They are having their 22% off sale again and offered free shipping on Feliway refills, so I got two for ~$35!
Code was PET3451. Expires 8/26/07.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just placed an order to replenish litter & more canned food but I'm sure I can find more to buy. Thanks for the info.

How do you guys get these discounts? I would've imagined because they considered you are one of their 'value customers'.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I happened to get this in an email from them (I've ordered there before) but I ALWAYS do an online coupon search before I purchase anything over the internet.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on their email list, and only purchase from them for two reasons: 1.) I'm lazy, I mean it's easy
and 2.) when the discount offered is 20% or higher.

As we learned in this thread, though, it really isn't a cost effective way to go if you live on the west coast if the US or are international, as the shipping costs will far outweigh any savings you might see.

Any future specials that I announce here I'll title Attn: East Coasters!