OMG OMG (girls only)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg omg omg...I LEAKED

Right through my green khaki pants and its about the size of a quarter. I was just in the bathroom when I noticed it.

There wasn't a lock on the door (just the stall), so I wet some napkins ran into the stall and took my pants off and dabbed it. Most of its out now so it'll be better ONCE IT DRIES. Now I have a huge wet spot on my bum.

I tried to dry it but all we have here are paper towels, no hand dryers.

Ugh, I really just hate my period. It's better now that I'm BC but I missed Tuesday's pill and that has thrown my whole cycle off for this week. So I'm extra PMSing and extra heavy. I can't believe that I'm almost 30 and I still have period problems. At least they're fewer between, stil though, I would just like to have a predicatible cycle.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The joys of being a woman eh?
Here's a hug to help you feel better!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ack! At least you caught it right away
I always wear dark pants, I'm super paranoid about that stuff happening

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting on my feet right now to hide, but ventilate.

Maybe I should just go home. I wouldn't be so paranoid about it, but 1) the last several periods have been fine, so I risked the no-dark pants today and 2) of the 42 people that work here, 10 are women. If there were more women I wouldn't be parnoid about it...but since there aren't many of us, I just don't like to display that time of the month in front of the men.

Thanks girls

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure its happened to us all at some point. Mine is irregular too and I'm 25. I hate it when it "springs" on you like that....

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happens to me alot, and usually when Im wearing my green kahki pants too. It is embarrassing, I feel your pain. My mom feels your pain as well, last night when she was doing something I saw she was bleeding all over her shorts (her situation is something iffy, she had surgery 3 months ago and hasnt stopped bleeding since, I am worried about her, she needs to see a doc)... I used to get my period so heavy that I had to wear a tampon and pad (not so much anymore, thank you bc).

Dont stress too much, these things happen to the best of us (me more often than most I know, and always when I am at work)... I hope you feel better soon and I hope eventually your cycle will regulate and become more predicatable!

Usually my work is very understanding of these situations and will let us go home to change, sometimes I get to go home for the day because I live so far. Good thing it has only happend to me 3 or 4 times since I have been working here.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that happen when I was 18 yrs old and my job required light tan pants.
I caught it very late and it was so obvious. It was very embarrassing. I'm so paranoid now, most of my pants are black or dark grey.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That happened to me once years ago. I was wearing a denim skirt, I was at some office I don't remember what for and when I got home my roommate said 'Hey Wendy what's that on the back of your skirt?'
Yep, it was a big circle, obvious to any woman what it was. But it had been there! No one said anything to me! I walked out of the office along the sidewalk to my car etc! Talk about mortified!!!
So, years later I saw a woman that had 'leaked' so I stopped her and told her, discreetly of course. (I don't know if that was a good deed or not!)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw
It's weird that you're talking about this today... The movie Superbad just came out last night, and in it a man is dancing with a woman and she 'leaks' on his pants! Maybe you should go see it tonight, it will make you feel better.

Anyway, oh, did I ever used to have those days, esp before I got on the pill. I just got used to wearing overnight pads and tampons at the same time (it was really bad... I'd go through a super plus in 20 minutes) and the pill for me is mostly medical (as opposed to contraceptive).

Do you have a sweater or anything to tie around your waist? I know, how 80s.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

That happened to me once years ago. I was wearing a denim skirt, I was at some office I don't remember what for and when I got home my roommate said 'Hey Wendy what's that on the back of your skirt?'
Yep, it was a big circle, obvious to any woman what it was. But it had been there! No one said anything to me! I walked out of the office along the sidewalk to my car etc! Talk about mortified!!!
So, years later I saw a woman that had 'leaked' so I stopped her and told her, discreetly of course. (I don't know if that was a good deed or not!)
That is a good dead. Thats looking out for one another. Its almost worse when you walk around with blood all over your pants/skirt/shorts and no one mentions a thing. When I was around 16 at the NHRA races I was not feeling so good, so I decided to take a nap in my parents truck, when I woke up I asked my sis to come to the bathroom with me for a potty break. People were staring and snickering at me the whole walk to the bathroom and I couldnt figure out why. Finally when we reached the bathroom I noticed I bled all threw my WHITE shorts... I made my sister go back to the trailer to get my mom, she brought me different shorts and a tampon (I was irregular then so I had no idea it was coming)... I was so embarrased, the majority of people at NHRA races are boys/men... all of which i grew up with!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from the bathroom and I believe I"m good to go.
Glad no one had cameras in there otherwise they would have a good laugh of me checking out my bum in the mirror at all angles. I just hope I remember to bend at the knees if I need to bend over

I remember in HS one of my best friends at the time was wear white shorts, white socks and white keds. When she went to get up at lunch I saw red, pulled her down really quickly and told her she needed to go home. I think she was horrified at what happened (I would've been too!), but if anyone did notice I didn't hear anyone say anything later on or the next day.

My period is usually predictable, but like i said before if I miss one day of the BC, especially that last week, I may as well forget about taking the rest. When I'm not on BC, I finally figured out that caffience effects the flow, so I could somewhat manage with that. Hopefully after this morning it got what it needed out and the flow will be next to nil the rest of the time.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when that happens! don't worry it happens to us all at some point.
when I was 16 or 17, I went shopping with my dad and my cousin and I was wearing white pants and I started my period but didn't notice it and it was embarrassing that I was with my dad so I had my cousin hide me and he made us go home.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Amen to that!!!! I'm so glad you caught it early. In high school I got my period unexpectedly early and didn't even REALIZE I was bleeding through my JEANS!!!

It was mortifying. I wrapped a sweatshirt around my waist and called my mother to emergency pick me up.

GAH! After that experience, I'm with the dark clothes too!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww sweetheart that stinks! I can honestly say i've been there though! I'm glad you were able to get yourself cleaned up ok.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I even keep a towel in the car and truck as I have bled through and onto the seat of the car!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I own about 6 pairs of black pants just for this reason

I remember in 5th grade I started mine for the FIRST time in gym class no less.
The gym teacher was getting mad at me for not doing squats and jumping jacks. I was MORTIFIED!

I went to the office and told them I need to call my mom. They wouldn't let me unless I told them what was wrong.. even after stating "It's personal"

I was a very early bloomer and remember all the girls in 5th grade making fun of me for boobs and getting my period earlier then them.

THANK GOODNESS, we moved to florida less then 4 months later!

Now, when I go back, I see the same girls and stick my tongue out at them... Just like in 5th grade

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ack* the joys of womanhood.

Glad things are ok.

LOL! & I've done the same thing I know the funny angles in the mirror thing... THANK goodness for no cameras in the bathrooms LOL! *to the left, to the right... LIFT the butt, <tilt>*

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel really bad for you, I have not had a period in about 15 years, I went into my changes early and the one thing I do not miss is having monthy periods. Of course living with hot flashes wasn't so easy either. Being a woman is never easy.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ick I HATE when that happens, it seems like I always end up having something go wrong every time... luckily now I'm on Seasonique. I LOVE it
4 a year is much more manageable!