Training Video: Bath Time- In and Out

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being home has enabled me to spend more time on Kota. So I worked her butt off today. Keep in mind for 20 minutes she was doing nothing but in and out.. and then I started the camera.. she decided to test me at the end.. naughty collie.. But we ended on a good note.. and then a bath! lol.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to lift my dog and put him in the tub and he weighs about 50 lbs. (1/2 chow 1/2 Shetland) Then I have to lift him out when finished, when wet he must weigh about 90 lbs. Spoiled dog.

I am going to show him your video, full screen.

Great job, Kota and to your mom too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

I have to lift my dog and put him in the tub and he weighs about 50 lbs. (1/2 chow 1/2 Shetland) Then I have to lift him out when finished, when wet he must weigh about 90 lbs. Spoiled dog.

I am going to show him your video, full screen.

Great job, Kota and to your mom too.
Thanks. Let me know how the training goes.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll work on getting Keno to volunteer by herself to get in the tub now - DH has to pick her up (60 lb lab).

But I was feeling sorry for your pup towards the end - she seems to say to you "mannnnnnnn I have to go IN and OUT again?????"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We'll work on getting Keno to volunteer by herself to get in the tub now - DH has to pick her up (60 lb lab).

But I was feeling sorry for your pup towards the end - she seems to say to you "mannnnnnnn I have to go IN and OUT again?????"
She had been doing it for 20+ minutes..lol. Which is why she got stubborn on me. . She's gonna do it again today to. I know I'm an evil witchy dog mom...lol.

I find that when I teach something she has to practice it every now and again or she'll conveniently forget.