An early worry but it seems inevitable......

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well my friends,....
Here I´m again asking your best wishes and good vibes for Dean GOES at the middle of the Atlantic Sea!...
As well the predictions maybe the Tuesday of the next week Will be hit the Yucatán Peninsula...
and of course I´m worried....
.......Because I didn´t want to be

Rats!...

So please send me all good vibes for this phenomena goes at the middle of the sea and DON´T hit any country!.....

In advance thank you......

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that Dean weakens to a tropical storm or goes out to sea!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks really scary Rigel.

My fingers are crossed that it dissipates before it hits land.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I was just watching the weather report and they were just showing Florida on the map.. so I was just happy that Dean wasn't headed my way. And then they zoomed out the map so you could see more than just Florida and said it was headed for the Yucatan. OMG I panicked and immediately thought of you! Was going to PM you to wish you luck, but I saw this thread first.

I hope it stays small and doesn't do any damage! Are you all prepared for the storm? Lots of supplies and things?

Here's hoping it goes away or at the *very least* stays a tropical storm!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's most likely going to hit through the Gulf. There's no way it can turn around with the wind patterns as they are. Best we can hope for you is that it doesn't get up a category or two. I really hope that the people where it's expected to hit get out if their home is not in the best of shape. But there are always though who want to ride it out and then end up standing on their roof, waiting for someone to get them. And let us not forget about the people's pets. I don't understand how and why they leave them behind?! That makes me so mad! It's like leaving your kids behind because there's not enough room in the car. Honestly, if people think like that they would most certainly make room somehow to fit their kid. And hotels should really give people a break when it comes to hurricanes and fleeing families with their pets. It's cruel to turn someone down from the last room in the state because they have a dog or cat.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh NO!

The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Dean would likely be a dangerous Category 3 hurricane by the time it reaches the central Caribbean. Forecasters say it is taking a bead on Jamaica and the southern coasts of the Dominican Republic and Haiti, which share the island of Hispaniola, and could strike the islands on Sunday.

As it approaches the Mexican resort town of Cancun, on the Yucatan Peninsula, on Tuesday it could be an extremely dangerous Category 4 hurricane, the hurricane center said.
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/308160004

Stay safe!! This looks mean and nasty!