Any motorcycle riders here?

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my ex-bf used to have a cute littel yellow scooter. but he wrecked it when a nasty driver cut across like 3 lanes of traffic t0o make a right turn and ran him off the road.

it was a hit and run, but my ex did write a strnogly worded lettre to the editor, tho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

my ex-bf used to have a cute littel yellow scooter. but he wrecked it when a nasty driver cut across like 3 lanes of traffic t0o make a right turn and ran him off the road.

it was a hit and run, but my ex did write a strnogly worded lettre to the editor, tho.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Stupid drivers.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me, me!! I use to have a 1200 Custom Harley Davidson, I can't ride much anymore because of my back problems, but DH still has his, 2000 Heritage Springer!!

pix of dh's bike

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me, of course!

My baby is a vivid black, 2000 Harley-Davidson XLH 883 Hugger 1200 convert, with just a tad under 30K miles on her.

I bought her brandy new in December of 1999, had her bored out to a 1200 before I ever rode her, and later gave her a bobtail rear fender, engine guards, big ole custom leather saddlebags, a chrome triple tree with spotlights, forward controls and a detachable windshield.

Now if I could just find the right tank...something a little bigger than 3.3...

I totally love my mo-mo.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
scooters are not motorcycles.

anyway, yea have a road star,1100 honda shadow,
500cc dirt bike.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Me, of course!

My baby is a vivid black, 2000 Harley-Davidson XLH 883 Hugger 1200 convert, with just a tad under 30K miles on her.

I bought her brandy new in December of 1999, had her bored out to a 1200 before I ever rode her, and later gave her a bobtail rear fender, engine guards, big ole custom leather saddlebags, a chrome triple tree with spotlights, forward controls and a detachable windshield.

Now if I could just find the right tank...something a little bigger than 3.3...

I totally love my mo-mo.
hmm did i ever tell you, that you need to post pics of it

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm did i ever tell you, that you need to post pics of it
I took a recent pic of it a week or so ago up in VT - as soon as my picture-downloader-doohickey is found and connected again, I'll post a pic of it.

In the meantime, here's an old one of me on it, still pretty stock, before I added a bunch of customizations (and before I got fat
):

Oh, and that tat is a rendering of a lion cub and a tiger cub playing with a feather. It was 24 hours old and really swollen and painful. I normally would never wear shorts on my bike - this was taken during a slow race competition. I won (beat out 12 men,) and the pic was posted in a local biker rag.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool , great pic!!!!
man i miss being able to ride, on well maybe one day,
i hope after the back operation, i can get back to it.
along man, all the money i would have saved this summer in gas.

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

scooters are not motorcycles.
yeah, lol! i used 2 tease the bf by pointing out that he had a scooter and a crazy cat-lovin' chick 4 a gf. both got him where he wanted to go but he was a bit embareassed for his freinds to know he was riding either 1 of them, lol!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I took a recent pic of it a week or so ago up in VT - as soon as my picture-downloader-doohickey is found and connected again, I'll post a pic of it.

In the meantime, here's an old one of me on it, still pretty stock, before I added a bunch of customizations (and before I got fat
):

Oh, and that tat is a rendering of a lion cub and a tiger cub playing with a feather. It was 24 hours old and really swollen and painful. I normally would never wear shorts on my bike - this was taken during a slow race competition. I won (beat out 12 men,) and the pic was posted in a local biker rag.
That pic is badass Betsy!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a 2001 Suzuki GSXR 600 and my BF had a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000, but he wrecked it at the drag strip really bad and we both decided that we should get rid of them. We sold them and bought dirtbikes. His is already sold, but I still have mine and love it!! Its a 2006 Kawasaki KLX 125, I have to have a "kid's" bike cause I'm too short for the "big" dirtbikes
. Atleast on my Gixxer I was able to put dogbones on it to lower it.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sold my 1971 Super Glide and bought a Gold Wing. I am getting too old to spend too much time on the old kidney pounder, and the Wing is much more comfortable. I had been having trouble riding the Super Glide for awhile before we sold it, and I just recently found out I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, among other things, so it won't be long before I can't ride at all.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first started working for the insurance company I stared in the motorcycle group. The best piece of advice I ever got was to document the name of the bike on the policy. Let me walk you through it.

Me: So how is Thor today? (Thor is the 1985 custom Harley Davidson with 30k in custom parts)

Customer: Ohhhhh... Thor and I are going to go for a ride. Did I tell you I got a new paint job? We decided to go for the electric blue and white flames.

Me: Okay, well lets update that on your policy.

People LOVE their bikes. I respect that.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sold my 1971 Super Glide and bought a Gold Wing.
Thanks for reminding me! I completely forgot, we have an old Gold Wing too! It's not running at the moment, which is probably why I forgot about it.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a Vespa, but we all know that's not in the same league as a HD

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

yeah, lol! i used 2 tease the bf by pointing out that he had a scooter and a crazy cat-lovin' chick 4 a gf. both got him where he wanted to go but he was a bit embareassed for his freinds to know he was riding either 1 of them, lol!!!