Does anyone save quarters?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - Both mints, Philadelphia and Denver. Pretty well caught up with the help of my aunt. She, sis, me and uncle R are working together to get them.

cele

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm saving them, too. I'm trying to save five sets of them for all five of my grandkids. I'm doing pretty well through the end of 2006, but I don't have all I need of the 2007 ones yet.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep! I even have that board, each years quarters are in a row.
I'm not a coin collector I just thought the state quarters are a cool idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if anyone has any:

Iowa, Nevada, N & S Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii that they're willing to share, I'd be most greatful! I'd of course send you the money for them.

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha those quarters caused a lot of confusion. I remember they were just coming out with those and they came out with some dollar coin at the same time (Susan B Anthony I think). But they were both silver and similar size.

I was working in a cafe and this woman came in and paid me for her latte - she was 75 cents short. I told her so and she said - no this one's a dollar coin. I looked at it - and was pretty sure it was a quarter. But she swore up and down that it was a dollar coin. Then she pointed to where it said dollar on it...."Quarter dollar"
(she was pretty mad and was being pretty rude to me). I pulled an older quarter out of the register and showed her that those read "Quarter dollar" too.

She finally saw what I meant and appologized saying these new coins were confusing. She ran to her car to get more money and paid me. And fortunately stopped being rude - she actually looked pretty sheepish leaving...I felt bad for her and I was trying to be as nice as possible. But how do you tell a person they're quarter is not worth a buck?!?!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, if anyone has any:

Wyoming, Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii that they're willing to share,
I don't think Wyoming and Utah have been released yet and the last 5 won't come out until next year.

I may have some Nevada...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm all up to date, which ones do you want? pm me your addy and I'll send them to you. The last one that came out here was Idaho. Oh yeah do you collect P's or D's? I just collect whatever, no specific ones, but I bet I can find you either one.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I'm all up to date, which ones do you want? pm me your addy and I'll send them to you. The last one that came out here was Idaho. Oh yeah do you collect P's or D's? I just collect whatever, no specific ones, but I bet I can find you either one.
OH THANK YOU! Not sure what you mean by P's or D's though. I'll PM you my addy and will pay you for what you send.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

P or D is the stamp well, state in reserve it was made on. D is for Delware and P is for Philedelphia.
Oh that doesn't matter to me......either or.