Sweetie killed Da Bird

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitties loved Da Bird. The other night when I got up for a bathroom break I stepped on something hard. Sweetie had dragged the wand and feathers upstairs. When I got up I took it back downstairs and put it back in its corner. Last night she somehow detached the feathers from the wand and then brought them in my bedrom. Thank goodness I found the string part still on the wand downstairs.She brings me all her toys at night. So now I need to glue the feathers back on the string. Any suggestions as to what kind of glue to use? I don't want to buy another at $10 when she will just kill a new one.The end of the string has a plastic sheath where it just fits on to the feathers. Has anyone else had this experience?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what kind of glue you can use. It would have to be strong and non-toxic. There are replacement "birds" for Da Bird, you don't have to buy the whole thing.
I don't let mine play with it unsupervised because it would get eaten in a second.
Good luck!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have gone through a total of 6 Da Birds here in this home.
I put the toy up after playtime, but the kitties seem to know how to liberate it and destroy it. It is their prey instinct that this toy engages big time. Would suggest that you invest in yet another Da Bird since most glue is toxic to kitties, and keep it well out of reach of your cats when you aren't playing with them with it. I keep mine outside on the patio now, inside the linen cabinet.

babbittd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

What's "Da Bird"? I've never seen one.
It is by far the best toy for indoor cats. They go insane for it. My kittens will chase it endlessly around the house, doing backflips in mid-air, etc. They're going to be very strong after this "da bird" training.

Just do a web search for it, you'll find many retailers that carry it.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

What's "Da Bird"? I've never seen one.
Da Bird is a great interactive toy. It looks like your standard feather on a string kitty tease, but the way it moves is very realistic and many cats just go nuts over it.
Do a search on amazon.com for "da bird" and you will get several hits. I have been buying refills off of amazon for a good price (plus I often have gift certs from work, so they're free!).

I have used at least 4 da bird refills since we got ours. A word to the wise...They last a lot longer if you put da bird away somewhere that is out of kitty's reach when you're done playing. Ours lives in a closet that is never left open; they get very excited whenever I open that door.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a similar toy, but had to put it away because my oldest, Rocky, went nuts. He got ahold of the feather part and growled at my other two cats which caused some issues.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of our members sent one over for my 3 because i havent seen them in the UK.

Jack had literally destroyed the first feather thing in minutes, and although i've replaced it he still brings the shredded one out the toy box because i havent the heart to throw it out because he still plays with it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by deljo

My kitties loved Da Bird. The other night when I got up for a bathroom break I stepped on something hard. Sweetie had dragged the wand and feathers upstairs. When I got up I took it back downstairs and put it back in its corner. Last night she somehow detached the feathers from the wand and then brought them in my bedrom. Thank goodness I found the string part still on the wand downstairs.She brings me all her toys at night. So now I need to glue the feathers back on the string. Any suggestions as to what kind of glue to use? I don't want to buy another at $10 when she will just kill a new one.The end of the string has a plastic sheath where it just fits on to the feathers. Has anyone else had this experience?
Thanks for all the advice, I should have put it in the closet. I'll just treat this as a learning experience and buy another. Outside of a laser toy Da Bird was their favorite.

kittiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen pictures of Da Bird online but I've never seen one in a store. Does anyone know where I can buy one in Canada (Lethbridge, Alberta or Calgary, Alberta)?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you seen the other "attachments" for DaBird?!? My cat goes crazy over that rabbit fur thing!!! She killed it in about 30 minutes!
I took it out of the little red attachment thing, took the metal piece out, and now she carries it around and pounces on it!!

I put my wand in a drawer or in a closed closet when not in use. Otherwise, there's no telling what would happen to it!

Stephanie