He had a good night, but then didn't want to eat.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well last night Jordan had a preety good night. He had a good amount of energy & he was even tormenting Maggie (something he dearly loves to do). Then he & Isaac were chasing each other. I didn't get much sleep, but I was happy he was feeling good. Then this morning he didn't want to eat his dry food & wouldn't finish a 3 oz can of F.F. I'm thinking he might have just been very tired, but it worries me a little. It's really hard to balance giving him his meds which make him want to eat but make him sleepy, with him having the energy to play & be himself. Which reminds me has anyone ever had a cat be tired from taking pred??

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 2000 - 2001 Raven had Pred for UTI issues. He wasn't sleepy but ate like a horse.

Does Jordan normally finish an entire 3oz can at one sitting? I ask because the most my cats will eat is 2oz of wet at a meal. They will come back and nibble later if someone didn't eat all theirs, but I can never get them to eat an entire can each.

Raven has been doing good this week. I think I am going to have to call the vet about getting pain meds this month though.

Sending vibes for Jordan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah he used to eat a 3 oz can with out even blinking an eye. I can't leave it for him or someone else will eat it for sure. All of my cats can eat a 3 oz can in one sitting, but they only get fed 2 x a day 1/4 cup of dry in the moring & 1/2 a 5.5 -6 oz (depending on the brand) can of food at night. The other day Jordan ate a 3 oz can & a 1/4 cup of food for breakfast. I know that was too much, but I wasn't going to argue with him because I knew he would soon have a day that he didn't feel like finishing he food.

How do you know that Raven might need pain meds? So far Jordan seems uncomfortable at times, but never in pain.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

How do you know that Raven might need pain meds? So far Jordan seems uncomfortable at times, but never in pain.
He had a really bad day last wednesday. He spent most of the day sleeping. Ate, but not much (which is highly unusual for my very food motivated black cat). And he didn't play with his puffball all day. Which is also very unusual for him.

I was told to watch for excessive sleeping and changes in appetite. He's been ok since wednesday, but I just have this feeling his bad days are going to get closer together. His lump is on his back, right near his spine, and now larger than a golfball.
I'm very worried with how large it's gotten that it's going to start getting into the spinal tissue. The vet is very worried about that. And when we did the first x-ray in april, the lump was much smaller, but you could already see some bone changes.