What Do You Think Of My Username?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd do this as an anonymous poll. I've used "SwampWitch" for a long time, but once in a while I get a negative vibe from someone about it. What were your first impressions when you saw the name and/or what do you think of it now?

I've been considering a different username for new forums I join.

Thanks in advance!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first saw your handle, I didn't think much positive or negative. Actually in a way I thought it was creative.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a pagan, i rather like your name, it's creative
and unless you choose something like bigfatf**kf*ce lol, i don't think people should pipe up about not liking it

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think your username is unique and I like it!

BTW, are you a FF fan?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Oh yes, big fan of the movie Advent Children! The game was O.K. How about you?
Love FF. I haven't seen Advent Children though. I should look out for it. I am not a big fan of movies made out of games, they are usually disastrous! I have the latest FF game, but I haven't had time to play it.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was drawn to your name and hinted to me that you were possibly pagan. perhaps that's why you get a negative vibe from it since were not always liked in certain circles. But I do not believe you should alter it to fit in. Be yourself.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

I was drawn to your name and hinted to me that you were possibly pagan. perhaps that's why you get a negative vibe from it since were not always liked in certain circles. But I do not believe you should alter it to fit in. Be yourself.
We should have a pagan thread

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of Shrek.

Re. "Pagan"--I'm a Christian, and I know some of my fellow Christians are literally scared of pagans. Personally (along with most other Christians) I don't agree with, but respect, that particular religion. I actually studied it for a while--though it seems so flexible that one person's doctrine differs widely from any other person's. (Maybe that's what makes it attractive? Still... [preach]You have to believe something that's true, or it won't do any good...[/preach])

Anyway, yeah, it's a decent user name. No particular negative reaction, and unique enough so I remember it. I don't know how many variations there are on "CatLover"... but there are a lot... and I mix em up easily.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No opinion on it - I think whatever name YOU want to represent yourself is 100% your choice and shouldnt bother anyone

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get negative vibes all the time about being male. SO what.
If they dont like your name, who cares that is there problem

lol but i kinda have this pic in mind of you ,
you hafe about 4 feet tall, with huge 6 foot nose, with warts
on it, mabye growing a little flower out of one of the warts.
wearing, brown rice sack as a dress with box of flower on your
head as a hat, maybe a i litte, green moss growing out from
your under arms.

err, i am kidding about that part hehe

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Re. "Pagan"--I'm a Christian, and I know some of my fellow Christians are literally scared of pagans. Personally (along with most other Christians) I don't agree with, but respect, that particular religion. I actually studied it for a while--though it seems so flexible that one person's doctrine differs widely from any other person's. (Maybe that's what makes it attractive? Still... [preach]You have to believe something that's true, or it won't do any good...[/preach])
It is strange, Tristans uncle is a priest (Church of England methinks) and he is soo open minded and cool, you wouldn't think he was a man of the cloth. And then on the other side, i went to a Salvation Army youth group for about 3 years, and never once did any of those longtime members know who i was. I was actually kind of scared of them, nice people to be around, but i knew i'd probably be shunned for my beliefs, which is sad. The only guy who i told actually left the church because he was finding himself and turned out to be gay, and he saw that this group sort of clung together, but pushed other certain people out.

My family is a weird mix of diff denominations but all christian, so i can see from both sides. As long as you're not harming others, or tellnig them what to belief, i think everyone should get along and do what they feel is right in them.

/Endhijack/

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Love FF. I haven't seen Advent Children though. I should look out for it. I am not a big fan of movies made out of games, they are usually disastrous! I have the latest FF game, but I haven't had time to play it.
Kiwideus, Advent Children isn't a movie made from the game, it's a continuation of the game's story in movie form. It's pretty good, too!

Tricia

P.S. I really like your name, SwampWitch! I think it's cool.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

When I first saw your handle, I didn't think much positive or negative. Actually in a way I thought it was creative.
Me too! It never even occurred to me that it could be taken negatively.
I voted "just okay" because it's not the most brilliant username I've ever heard, but it certainly isn't bad. Not that my opinion should matter much- after all your username should reflect you and your personality, and if it does that, then who cares what anyone else thinks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments and votes, everyone! I just don't want to immediately repel because of my username. I want to have time to do that on my own.

Originally Posted by theimp98

...lol but i kinda have this pic in mind of you ,
you hafe about 4 feet tall, with huge 6 foot nose, with warts
on it, mabye growing a little flower out of one of the warts.
wearing, brown rice sack as a dress with box of flower on your
head as a hat, maybe a i litte, green moss growing out from
your under arms....
I didn't realize that I had PM'd you my picture!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

We should have a pagan thread
That would be great. To be honest I can't keep everyone straight in my head. I know there are a lot on here. Many of you have pm'd me privatly and we've talked. But I just can't remember you all. At least if it was in one thread I could keep going back to it if I needed to or wanted to remember.