Oops!

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, as some of you and I has thought, Tsar IS a girl! We took "him" in to get neutered today, and when I picked HER up she had been SPAYED!!!!

I'm thinking that maybe SHE had not been to the vet like the woman had told me. My only problem now, is that all of our stuff is blue or masculine! haha.

SHE got her first set of VACs, spayed, nails clipped, and microchipped today. Right now she is under my desk and doesn't want to move. Poor baby
. And George (My bf) didn't request a pain shot for after because he thought it was going to be a simple neuter! The vet said if she looks to be in a lot of pain to bring her back in and they will give her a shot, but that usually when they are this young (SHE is 14 weeks) they bounce back rather quickly. Poor girl, has been called a BOY for her whole life!

Brittany

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey lots of girls look good on/with blue
Just think of the inferior complex if it was all pink and She turned out to be a BOY!

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey, almost all of my cat paraphernalia is blue. i use it for both male and female stuff. i like the color blue so a lot of my stuff is blue.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she get a steroid shot? If so, that should help her a lot! I hope she's feeling better soon.

My husband's cat Oberon was first named Circe, because he was a stray and neutered, and he was scratching in the closet and I thought he was going to have kittens! The vet told us she was a he with a UTI, so my husband changed the name.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Hey lots of girls look good on/with blue
Just think of the inferior complex if it was all pink and She turned out to be a BOY!
That happened with one of our cats when I was in high school... he was so fluffy, we couldn't see any ... er ... ahem... kitty cojones. We'd named her Fluffy and she/he had this cute little meow...

took 'her' into the vet... they took our word for what sex 'she' was... whoops. shaved belly and all... they cut 'her' open and noticed something odd... called us and said she was really a he.

When he came home, we just took the 'y' off his name... 'more masculine' and all that... he went over the RB a few years later (my parents don't believe in having adult cats indoors... can't change their minds, I've tried... although Dad does let Coco inside occasionally)

I'm glad it got figured out though...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor thing. I hope she bounces back like they say.
Don't feel bad about the sex mix-up. We made the same mistake with one of our cats. My hubby adopted him as a kitten. He was told "she" was a girl. We figured out "she" was a he before we got him fixed. We had been calling "her" Natosha...Tosha for short for three months. So we figured instead of confusing him and changing his name, we just dropped the "a" at the end of Tosha and he is now called Tosh. We figured that was masculine sounding
Poor guy, he is a goof ball at times but other than that he seems fine. He LOVES to roll on his back and we joke that he is trying to remind us that he is MALE not female.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you EVERYONE for your support!
I keep going to call HER, him, and it kind of freaks me out sometimes haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done it. She is a tortie so I thought there was a chance she was a girl and tried sexing her myself but couldn't really figure it out.

Originally Posted by xman

Tsarina then?

X
She pretty much responds to her name (you know cats and their selective hearing), so I figured we could tell people Tsar was short for SOMETHING. There was an older couple at the vet that walked in right when they brought her out. I looked in her carrier and was all "Did you know you're a girl sweetie?!" They looked at me with the most horrible face!! HAHA I must have looked either 1. CRAZY or 2. like a very bad cat mommy.

The vet did say that she hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Of course not! I wonder if people really "trade in" their cat if it turns out to be a different gender??? That is awful! Of course its ok, she's a part of our family now no matter what!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

took 'her' into the vet... they took our word for what sex 'she' was... whoops. shaved belly and all... they cut 'her' open and noticed something odd... called us and said she was really a he.
I didn't realize they shaved their bellies. She likes to lay in our arms like a baby
and was crying constantly so I picked her up and was like "OH MY GOSH!" Poor baby
. I feel so bad that I made her go, but I know that it saves A LOT of (possible) heartache from her getting preg. or cancers I keep hearing about.

They didn't call to tell us, but when I scheduled the appointment I told them she might be a she (LOL) so maybe they noted it in her file. They did write FEMALE very big and circled it, then highlighted it on top.

The ladies in the office were VERY understanding, I guess it happens a lot LOL.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany

She pretty much responds to her name (you know cats and their selective hearing), so I figured we could tell people Tsar was short for SOMETHING.
There were women Tsars
so there's really no reason to change her name if you don't want to.