it should be ok shouldnt it?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well today i was doing a spot of gardening, wasnt out their very long. i cleared away my things and came inside.
About 5 mins later i had to go back outside and in ran one of the 13 week old kittens
i have never had a kitten get outside NEVER and im so
at my self.
When checking him over to make sure he was ok i noticed that his cut the tip of his paw pad on the back foot, it does look sore and i have bathed it, it isnt bleeding now and only bleed for a second when he came in. should i take him to the vet? or just carry on bathing it, of course if it gets very red,inflamed or any indication of an infection he will be straight up the vets, but for now will it be ok just to keep it clean?

caspix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
maybe you should go to the vet...maybe something could perplex and it's beter that vet check him. Maybe it's nothing seriously, but what is safe is safe.

good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone, i think i will give my vet a ring in the morning and see what he suggests. if he needs to see him i should get seen tomorrow (hopefully)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might be a possiblity of something very small (glass, burr?) in the paw that you would not want it to be closed inside. I'd call the vet and have them take a look.

caspix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

thanks everyone, i think i will give my vet a ring in the morning and see what he suggests. if he needs to see him i should get seen tomorrow (hopefully)
let us know what your vet said. ok?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well thought i would update, they checked his paw over and cant see anything in there, so they gave him a shot of antibiotics just to be on the safe side and gave me some sterial wipes to keep it clean with. im glad i went , puts my mind at rest aswell then. thanks everyone.

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww thats great hes ok,Thank god you care for him sooo much
do you mind if i ask ....do you foster for a rescue or are you an independantrescuer?I would love to help animals like you do
I jus wouldnt know how to start..lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do/did foster for a rescue for a while but because i have so many cats at the moment i have had to stop, dont get me wrong i wouldnt turn away a cat in need, but im not putting myself foward for a while either. my last foster kitten we ended up keeping (such a love bug) then one of my own cats who was soposidly spayed ( it was me who took her in to be spayed at 6 months old) i had had her since she and her brother was 4 weeks old. well a long story she wasnt spayed because of an emergancy that came in and notes was mixed up. she ended up pregnant, that is who the 13 week old kittens are. but we decided to keep 3 out of 4 of them the 4th went to her home y/day. so that brings us to a total of 13 cats. but a lot of the ones i have taken in have been of my own back and not through a rescue.