Any musicians in the house?

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if there are any fellow musicians here at TCS. I've been lead singer in a few bands over the years and I play piano, guitar (acoustic and electric), bass guitar and alto saxophone (obviously not all at the same time). Can you play any instruments, or hell, even just enjoy singing?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played violin for almost 13 years and then I stopped (stupid I know, and I regret it)... If I ever get some spare cash again Im going to take some lessons as a refresher. I need my bow re-haired and new strings too... I also could play the piano/organ a little bit as well. As for singing, I cant sing a tune to save my life!!!!

caspix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was going for last 4 years in music school. i played piano, but it become too boring, so i quit. but i would like to know play guitare...

see ya!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played the trumpet for one year then switched to the alto-sax which is what I really wanted but wasn't available... then my school cut the music program. I've sung my whole life though and while I've only ever "played" open mic nights (and keroke if that counts) it is a passion of mine.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to play drums.
Well, play is a strong word....I was good enough to get a band gig as a drum tech.

orestes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got musician's blood in my veins, so of course I am! (Mom used to sing when she was in high school. She was the soprano solo. BUt, now she just sings horribly to tickle or annoy me. Dad did a bunch of stuff. Drums, guitar, singing... I say did because I have no idea what he's up to nowadays, nor do I really care.)

I am currently learning to play the piano ('M teaching myself. I can read sheet music pretty well, so I just find free sheets and play them as well as I can.) and used to play the saxophone in elementary school and was in my elementary schools chior, until I quit. I started to get shy about singing. Still am, so being the lead singer of anything is pretty much out of the question at the moment. I'll sing myself to sleep, thanks.

Gah. I love music. 's my boyfriend.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another Canadian musician. I play piano, guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and clarinet and I've been trying to train my voice a bit and sing more. I started out with piano for 13 years and then 6 with clarinet and everything else I taught myself. My true calling is guitar.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My instrument is my voice
i've tried tinkling with the piano and guitar, but to no avail. I've been singing since i was about 8

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child I took lessons on (but never stuck with,) in order: Ukelele, piano, guitar, french horn, trumpet. I was no good at all with woodwinds, but was gifted with a decent voice.

I spent 10 years in total doing lots of community theater, mostly musicals.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do have a professional musician in our ranks... in Chicago... she plays the Flute.

I'm classically trained, voice with a little piano... my dream one days is to have a black grand piano be the first thing moved into my own home...

I focus my creativity now on writing fiction...

Does it bug any other musician around here when you sit next to someone singing REALLY off-key? like nails on chalkboard for me...

Amanda

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've played the clarinet for nearly seven years...and this year I *finally* got into the All-State band! Good thing :p this past year was my senior year and my last chance. I played violin from fourth grade through the first semester of my senior year, then I switched to clarinet in the orchestra.

I taught myself a bit of oboe, cello, flute, and piano. I tried teaching myself the guitar and failed. lol. I like to think that I can sing well, too.

And, yes, it *really* bugs me when someone is off-key or even off-tempo!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I used to say, I PERCUSS! I prefer "other" percussion instruments like timpani over a drum set.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another fiddler here. I started out playing classical but after around 10 years I got tired of both the culture around it (the violins can get very backstabby) and the practice requirements. I.e It's a hobby for me and I can't spend more than maybe half an hour to an hour a day practicing.

Anyway I switched into folk, scottish and american although I enjoy the american folk music a bit more since it tends to be a bit more swingy.

I have friends in the folk scene in Edinburgh and play with them every now and then in pubs, it's a lot of fun.