I Got A Job!!!!!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh. I didn't mention anything sooner because I didn't want to jinx it, but I GOT A JOB!

So it's the same thing that I've been doing for ages... I still get to work from home... and... a raise!

OMG SOOO excited! So I have to leave for a week for training so I can learn their software and whatever... but DH will be here to watch the kids so no one has to end up in a kennel or anything.

OOOHOOHOHOH! I'm so excited!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! This SO ROCKS!

The only down side is, I have to be in their office for a week... and it's 'business casual'. I haven't worked in an office in almost 4 years... so not only have I forgotten what business casual means by now, but the only clothes I own are boxers, tank tops, jeans and tshirts. Hmm.. that's a problem.

I guess I'm hitting up the mall. Who's having a sale?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!! JCPenney has nice business casual clothes that aren't that expensive

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Kohl's does too! They're clearance racks are the bomb!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Kohl's does too! They're clearance racks are the bomb!
JCPennys is close by, so I can get there.
I hope they have clearance racks going. I'm very poor!
And my mom just called to tell me Macys is having a one day sale today. Same mall as Pennys so I'll probably check it out.

I love Kohls! But they're 45mins away and I can't spend that much in gas until I get my paycheck.
Have to conserve gas/money for driving to the new job's office for training (3 hour drive).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too bad you aren't near me, you can come visit me at JCPenney's!

Congrats on the job....it must rock to still be able to work from home!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a thought....but here at Penney's TONS of dress-ish clothes have been marked down to 70% off the original price, so it ends up being 40% off the pink ticket price. I bought two pairs of dressy capris I can wear to work, like $20-30 originally for $16/both!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
Sounds like a great set up! I second Target...that's where I get a lot of my business casual stuff. If it's just a few days you can try to get stuff that will do double duty like neutral pants (black, khaki) or a classic skirt that will go with different tops.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! What do you do that you are so lucky as to get to work from home????

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Too bad you aren't near me, you can come visit me at JCPenney's!

Congrats on the job....it must rock to still be able to work from home!
Too bad I'm not! I mean.. it'd be great to visit... but, uh, you get a discount, right?

I think thats what worried me the most. I mean, I knew I'd find a job... and I knew I could pay the bills - I mean I'd have to cut back a little, but I wouldn't lose my house or anything. And sure I panicked about bills and things.. but after I did the math I calmed down about that. But after not working in an office for so long I was *dreading* having to go back to one.

The office gossiping/politics
Having a manager constantly looking over your shoulder (ala Office Space "TPS Reports")
Staring at cubicle walls all day
No access to good coffee
No kitty curled up in my lap
Having to find a decent assortment of office clothing for my hard to fit body (I'm like amazon woman tall)
... and then when I do find clothes, make sure they cover my tattoos. (They're in easy to cover places, but since I don't find them a problem, it bothers me that I have to put forth the effort because someone else may... I know thats an office thing... but heck, I'm just not an office person!
)

Yeah so help me I don't have the patience to put up with *any* of that. If I had taken a job at an office, I would have still been on the hunt for something else. After all, my sanity comes first!