Ring Tones

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I got a new cell phone and I've been hunting for good ringtones for it. The problem is every time I find one I like it's from a site where I can't buy just ONE ring tone. Instead, they want me to sign up for monthly downloads for a great low price!
Well, that's great except I don't want tons of them. I very rarely change my tones so I'd really prefer to just buy a few and be done with it. Plus, if I sign up it's VERY likely that I'll forget to cancel and get charged for a few months (that I won't use) before realizing it. So, where do you get your ring tones?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or a great free site is phonezoo. its really easy to use and you just get charged with your phone company for the downloading and the text or wap messages

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nowadays you can also set your favourite song as your ringtone, most cellphones now come with a USB cable to put stuff from pc onto phone and vice versa.
I'd never pay for a ringtone personally.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my phones have never came with a usb cable you have to buy one either through the phone company or on ebay...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Is there no free ringtone sites in the USA at all?.
Whatever you get with your cell phone are the only free ring tones. Otherwise if you do find a free one, you're subjected to text message spams and other phooey like that.

Twstychik, have you tried downloading a ring tone converter? I haven't tried one yet, but want to. I know a lot of phone today do play mp3s rather than custom ring tones, but if yours cannot there is software out there that can convert your mp3 to a ringtone for your phone. I think you can customize it too, so if there is only a portion of the song you like, then you can make it your ring tone.

I do hate how much they charge you though. Two years ago $0.99 wasn't bad. Now the carrier I'm on charges $2.49 a song. HOLY SHNICKEES!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of cell phone did you end up getting? Some of them have a program like Real Tone Jukebox installed- my RAZR does- & you can download them right from your phone. They cost money of course, but most of the time they give you a free one at first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Or a great free site is phonezoo. its really easy to use and you just get charged with your phone company for the downloading and the text or wap messages
Thanks! I'll have to check them out.

Originally Posted by DIEGO

Nowadays you can also set your favourite song as your ringtone, most cellphones now come with a USB cable to put stuff from pc onto phone and vice versa.
I'd never pay for a ringtone personally.
I did try e-mailing a song to my phone but that didn't work and I don't have a usb available at work. I'll have to try the tomorrow though.

Originally Posted by lunasmom

Twstychik, have you tried downloading a ring tone converter? I haven't tried one yet, but want to. I know a lot of phone today do play mp3s rather than custom ring tones, but if yours cannot there is software out there that can convert your mp3 to a ringtone for your phone. I think you can customize it too, so if there is only a portion of the song you like, then you can make it your ring tone.

I do hate how much they charge you though. Two years ago $0.99 wasn't bad. Now the carrier I'm on charges $2.49 a song. HOLY SHNICKEES!
The price is insane! That's why I never have a lot of them. Mine actually works as an MP3 player as well.

Originally Posted by babyharley

What kind of cell phone did you end up getting? Some of them have a program like Real Tone Jukebox installed- my RAZR does- & you can download them right from your phone. They cost money of course, but most of the time they give you a free one at first.
I got the RAZR V3 (love it btw! operates just like my old Motorola) but I didn't see the program you mentioned. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

All ringtones are irritating and should be banned.
Well, that was helpful!
How would you know if someone was calling? What about a plain old ring? Should that be banned too? What about land phones then... heck, lets ban ALL noise!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have an interesting sense of humor, Karl.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have web capabilities on your cell, you could try www.3gforfree.com on your cell's browser. They have free ringtones galore! I personally like their My Immortal one from Evanescence. It's pretty.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Well, that was helpful!
How would you know if someone was calling? What about a plain old ring? Should that be banned too? What about land phones then... heck, lets ban ALL noise!
Don't you get annoyed when people set their ringtones to the sound of one of those 'ancient' dial phone rings? So annoying IMO!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I got the RAZR V3 (love it btw! operates just like my old Motorola) but I didn't see the program you mentioned. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!
Its under BREW... your phone should have it!

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Don't you get annoyed when people set their ringtones to the sound of one of those 'ancient' dial phone rings? So annoying IMO!
Concur. What is even better is when your co-workers get cell phone calls all day long, allowing you to hear an electronic rendition of the first few bars of their favorite song over and over and over again until you are ready to rip the thing from their hands and fling it into the next zip code. Mmmm... that felt good.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

Concur. What is even better is when your co-workers get cell phone calls all day long, allowing you to hear an electronic rendition of the first few bars of their favorite song over and over and over again until you are ready to rip the thing from their hands and fling it into the next zip code. Mmmm... that felt good.

You took the words right out of my mouth!