Part Persian? I don't see it

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This cat was listed as half Persian and half tabby. I don't think this cat is part Persian at all. I don't see any traits of a Persian. I see maybe some Maine Coon but other than that he looks like a basic DLH or DMH cat. He is large for nine months old though.

What do you guys think?

And he likes water

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So cute!!!

I agree, I see more MC than anything in him as well with that tight coat and big bushy tail. Just a DLH, but a beautiful one at that.

That toilet picture is a riot. Is he your's?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope I don't see any Persian in him. He is a domestic longhair.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone doesn't know the difference between a persian and a maine coon

Looks more like maine coon in the background to me

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He can't be half tabby, tabby is a coat pattern. A cat is either tabby or he isn't and your clearly is 100% tabby no question. His BREED however, who knows, possibly part Maine Coon.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're correct - someone doesn't know a Persian if it bit them on the... toe.

He is absolutely gorgeous though!!!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That cat doesn't resemble a persian. I guess it's possible for a cat to be half persian and not resemble a persian. But considering he is listed as half persian and half tabby-tabby is not a breed, it's a color pattern, I wouldn't pay much attention in how the cat is listed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

That toilet picture is a riot. Is he your's?
He may become mine. He actually belongs to a friend of mine. She got him declawed and he became aggressive. He was charging at her and attemping to bite. He was also very active and she was considering getting him a pal but with his aggression I told her I did not think it was a good idea. I felt he would just bully another cat so much it would be miserable.

I told her I would try and foster him for awhile to see if he could get along with my cats. Well he was very aggressive towards us at first. After four days in the sun room we let him out. At first he was very bossy with our other cats but they quicky taught him some manners.

He now plays with Uno and Egore on a regular basis. His aggression has went way down. He still has some moments, but that is mostly towards the dogs and is just hard bops with the paws.

I am not sure at this point if he would be as mellow with just one other cat. Here he has to deal with 8 others and three dogs so his alpha tendencies are subdued. To be honest I don't think he has the alpha personality I think he was adopted out to young and was never taught any manners.

My resident cats basically let him now they did not find his actions appealing

He is like night and day now. He plays tag and he no longer charges or bites. He is becoming quite sweet actually.

My friend says he is doing so well she is afraid he will result back if she takes him back. I told her I would keep him if she decides she no longer wants to deal with him.

This was her first cat and she did not do much research, if any, before she got him.

Originally Posted by Jen

He can't be half tabby, tabby is a coat pattern. A cat is either tabby or he isn't and your clearly is 100% tabby no question. His BREED however, who knows, possibly part Maine Coon.
I knew there was no such breed as Tabby but that is how he was listed

I did not see any persian in him either. I think he is just a DLH tabby cat but I thought I would see what the breeders thought