Idea!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen this product before but if they made one, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

You know those quiet little air filters that you can plug in for a room? Why not make one that you can mount above a closed litter box that sucks in air from the inside of the litter box, filters the odor and then expels it from above?
Unless there's already a product like that that's already made?...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Uuuuum i don't know about that, but you can buy a cat litter deodorizer. You don't mix it into the litter, when changing the content you pour the deodorizer on the bottom of the tray, then the litter over that. It's fragranced and it also sucks the smell away

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a couple available. One is made by LitterMaid and clips to the edge of the box and TrueAir makes a larger one that you can put on a shelf or plug into an electrical socket. Both use carbon filters.

I use the TrueAir and it works great!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I have a small room air purifier made by Holmes.... I had it for my apartment in college and when I moved back home with my parents after graduation, I set it right on top of the litter box in my bedroom... works pretty well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaii! $90 for the HEPA one!
But is it worth it?... I got the odd retro litter box from Target: http://www.tidycats.com/getpage.aspx?ContentID=228
So an air filter can easily stand on top of it. But what about those little cartridge like things with the carbon filtering? Don't they only last about 2-3 months? And how good are they?

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 of the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Air Purifiers in my house.

I LOVE them! They make no noise really & I was lucky enough to buy them when the new Sharper Image store opened up & their Promo was buy 1 get 1...
WOO was THAT a lucky DEAL!

I have 1 on the lower level where we have 2 cat boxes & all of my snakes (they can be stinky when they poo till I clean their homes) But once I got that thing... no more stink in the air

& I have one on the main level were the kitchen & family room/ playroom is.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Yaii! $90 for the HEPA one!
But is it worth it?
Well, like I said, I didn't pay $90. I think it was ~$30 at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is definately worth $30. I think the model I got isn't available anymore. I haven't used the LitterMaid one but it looks to me like it ought to work.

But what about those little cartridge like things with the carbon filtering? Don't they only last about 2-3 months? And how good are they?
I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Any filter is going to need to be replaced fairly often. The filter in my fan lasts about 2 months and it does work.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Well, like I said, I didn't pay $90. I think it was ~$30 at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is definately worth $30. I think the model I got isn't available anymore. I haven't used the LitterMaid one but it looks to me like it ought to work.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Any filter is going to need to be replaced fairly often. The filter in my fan lasts about 2 months and it does work.
most have moved to NON filtered purifiers.. no replaceing just wipe off ...

I used to use a ionic breeze bathroom one