Mmmmm tasty hair!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure I've mentioned how weird my Stumpy girl is and how she loves to chew everything. The latest thing is my hair.

She jumps up behind me on the couch and tries to chew on my pony tail. Apparently it tastes good...

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, that's funny. What kind of shampoo do you use?
The only one of my cats that chews on my hair is Ansel, and it is one of 2 ways that he uses to wake me up when he wants to eat. He'll either chew on my hair and tap my on the face, with his claws OUT mind you!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Ha, that's funny. What kind of shampoo do you use?
Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. I notice that with certain shampoos Abby will be more inclined to lick my hair than with others.

Also, is it possible that Stumpy was interested in the band holding the hair than the hair itself?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yeah, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. I notice that with certain shampoos Abby will be more inclined to lick my hair than with others.

Also, is it possible that Stumpy was interested in the band holding the hair than the hair itself?
I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for ages (ever since we've had Stumpy!), and she's only just started the chewing. And she definitely just chews my hair, not the hair band. She's just odd

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties do the same and considering my hair is long it becomes a frantic excursion. They like to do this when I am sleeping, they crawl on my pillow (Nollee and Osiris) and grab my head, claws and all, and just start eating away... Sometimes they even bite at my scalp like I have fleas or something
. Everytime I try pulling them out of my hair they get all tangled up and it becomes quite the challenge. I think this is a common thing especially with kittens!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww...haha that's funny.

My Sophie chewed my hair when he was a tiny kitten, but that phase seems to have left.

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bubbles likes to chew on my ear.....and I kinda like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! LOL! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitties4ever

Bubbles likes to chew on my ear.....and I kinda like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! LOL! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I cant stand when my kitties bite my ear... They always bite my cartilage hoops and pull... Im just waiting for my ear to rip on of these days...

That is cute though as long as no pain is inflicted.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah, I wonder if it's the pregnancy that changed the flavor of your hair? Hormones do strange things when you're pregnant, and I do know that your hair is affected. I don't know any who will color or perm in the first trimester, and quite a few won't do it at all during pregnancy because your hair changes and won't keep the color or perm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Sarah, I wonder if it's the pregnancy that changed the flavor of your hair? Hormones do strange things when you're pregnant, and I do know that your hair is affected. I don't know any who will color or perm in the first trimester, and quite a few won't do it at all during pregnancy because your hair changes and won't keep the color or perm.
I just think Stumpy is odd.
She goes through weird phases. One month she licks the shower cap when I get out of the shower, next month she'll be constantly jumping onto the top of the fridge, next month she'll lick the dust of the computer constantly... I'd love to know what goes through that furry little head of hers.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pekoe does the same thing, always at about 4 am when I am still trying to sleep. Drives me up the wall, but I tell myself he's just trying to be affectionate.
It's particularly nasty when he starts to swallow a piece and makes gagging noises until I remove it from his mouth/throat.

You're lucky I love you so much, Mr. Pekoe!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I think Sarah should test that one for us.
Taste your hair now...and taste your hair after the baby is born and let us know.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch (who is currently pushing things off the desk to make more room for herself!) oly goes after my hair when it's wet. She's done that ever since she was a kitten.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleos the first kitty i've had whos done that too. But she seemed to grow out of it after a few months