I'm leaving tomorrow to::

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking my daughter to college tomorrow in Arizona...I am happy for her, but yet it is a bit sad..she will be so far away from me..
I will let you all know how it goes when I return.
My sister will be here with my son and all of the critters, so they will be in good hands..

Everyone have a great rest of the week.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I know it has to be hard for you. I remember when my parents helped me move into the dorm...they both teared up before they left, and so did I. The funny thing is, I was going to school 1/2 hour away from my house so I dropped by that night for dinner!

She's going to miss you as much as you miss her, so expect a lot of phone calls...just because (she may not admit it, but she will need to hear her mother's voice). How far away is her school? Is it close enough to come home for weekends, or will it mainly be breaks and summer vacations? Email is a wonderful, and I'm expecting you're already planning care packages to send.

It will be fine, and you will so surprised how much she grows up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Awww, I know it has to be hard for you. I remember when my parents helped me move into the dorm...they both teared up before they left, and so did I. The funny thing is, I was going to school 1/2 hour away from my house so I dropped by that night for dinner!

She's going to miss you as much as you miss her, so expect a lot of phone calls...just because (she may not admit it, but she will need to hear her mother's voice). How far away is her school? Is it close enough to come home for weekends, or will it mainly be breaks and summer vacations? Email is a wonderful, and I'm expecting you're already planning care packages to send.

It will be fine, and you will so surprised how much she grows up.
Thanks for the kind words.

She will be over 1000 miles away, so no weekend trips. Next time home will be at Thanksgiving, but mom just may have to fly up for a long weekend in-between that time.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Monica I will be sending lots of vibes for you both ...... I dont have any children but I can imagine what a hard but proud time this must be for you. When I went away to school it was so close to my parents I think they wanted it a little further

Good Luck to your daughter on her new ventures in life, too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Thanks for the kind words.

She will be over 1000 miles away, so no weekend trips. Next time home will be at Thanksgiving, but mom just may have to fly up for a long weekend in-between that time.
That's why they invented "parents weekend" in the middle of the first semester! You get the eat the food from the cafeteria, and approve of it.
Also, it may be the only time you daughter cleans her room all year! (speaking from experience, of course!)

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just returned last night from getting her settled into her dorm. It was so hard to say good-bye, but I know she will be just fine. It is a beautiful campus in a beautiful area of Arizona, and it offers everything she could ever need. Thanks for all of the kind words for my trip.
I miss her already.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she got settled in ok. She has a zest for life and I admire her for venturing out to an area that is new to her. I went to school about 20 mins away so I stayed at home while I was in school. I still am now, except now I am saving for a house.
There are always good opportunities for parents to go and visit the campus. What school is she going to in AZ? I have a friend that lives in Tucson and is going to Pima.
Email is a wonderful thing. You could even download a chat program and be able to talk to her online or phone calls are always handy. It will be hard at first, but it will get easier as time goes by.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I'm glad she got settled in ok. She has a zest for life and I admire her for venturing out to an area that is new to her. I went to school about 20 mins away so I stayed at home while I was in school. I still am now, except now I am saving for a house.
There are always good opportunities for parents to go and visit the campus. What school is she going to in AZ? I have a friend that lives in Tucson and is going to Pima.
Email is a wonderful thing. You could even download a chat program and be able to talk to her online or phone calls are always handy. It will be hard at first, but it will get easier as time goes by.
She is at U of A in Tucson..so very close to your friend.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

She is at U of A in Tucson..so very close to your friend.
My brother and his wife went to school there and absolutely loved it! The school is good and there is so much to do around the Tucson area. I hope you also have a chance to get out there and see the sites. I consider Tucson a second home as I've had family out there since the late 1950's.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

My brother and his wife went to school there and absolutely loved it! The school is good and there is so much to do around the Tucson area. I hope you also have a chance to get out there and see the sites. I consider Tucson a second home as I've had family out there since the late 1950's.
Yes, we got to "tour" around the city while we were there with her, and it has many things to offer not only on campus, but off campus as well. Thanks. BTW, I love the mountain ranges surrounding the city.