Baby update!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the OB today, and we booked in the c section!!

So on Monday, September 17 I'll be going in for an amniocentesis in the morning to check Joshua's lung maturity is fine, and if that's all good then I'll be having the c section in the afternoon!!!
If they think his lungs are underdeveloped they'll reschedule for a week or so later, but I daresay it will all be fine.

So exciting and scary all at the same time!!!

I'll find my last ultrasound and scan that as well and put it up - it's pretty cute!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, here's the latest ultrasound pic from last week - look at that widdle face

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that´s so sweet!
my friend! I envy you!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Good vibes for your baby!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!! Sarah, I'm so happy for you, and envious! I cant' wait to see Joshua's face
I LOVE the name... but I might be partial to it because thats one of my brothers names!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I went to the OB today, and we booked in the c section!!

So on Monday, September 17 I'll be going in for an amniocentesis in the morning to check Joshua's lung maturity is fine, and if that's all good then I'll be having the c section in the afternoon!!!
If they think his lungs are underdeveloped they'll reschedule for a week or so later, but I daresay it will all be fine.

So exciting and scary all at the same time!!!

I'll find my last ultrasound and scan that as well and put it up - it's pretty cute!!
How exciting!

I figured you would be having a C Section. I think in the baby poll thread I "predicted" end of September, late morning because they usually try to schedule 2 or 3 weeks prior to the due date and most are done in the morning.

Don't stress out trying to get everything ready. There is lots of time and you can continue to gather and organize after the baby is born.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news!! Sending you lots of good vibes for a safe c-section delivery

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

How exciting!

I figured you would be having a C Section. I think in the baby poll thread I "predicted" end of September, late morning because they usually try to schedule 2 or 3 weeks prior to the due date and most are done in the morning.

Don't stress out trying to get everything ready. There is lots of time and you can continue to gather and organize after the baby is born.
I think we're actually pretty good now. We have a crib, dresser/changer, car seat, bassinet, bath, sheets, swaddle blankets, some basic clothes, stroller should arrive any day now, diapers to start with, wipes we'll get at our next Costco shop, and we're going this weekend to get a stroller frame thingy for the car seat and a baby monitor. So all the major things are covered, we'll be getting a rocking chair or glider from Craigslist at some point, and then only things we really need to get are on our baby registry so we'll just wait till after the baby shower then we'll have a better idea of everything else we need.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww. Congrats. I had to have a c-section with my daughter, and she's almost a year old. Ack! Time sure does fly!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

Awwww. Congrats. I had to have a c-section with my daughter, and she's almost a year old. Ack! Time sure does fly!
Thanks
I'm a little worried about the amniocentesis - the idea of a needle being shoved that far into my belly makes me a little queasy but I'm going to try not to think about it I guess...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww sweetie! Lots of good vibes headed ya'lls way that everything goes smoothly!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Thanks
I'm a little worried about the amniocentesis - the idea of a needle being shoved that far into my belly makes me a little queasy but I'm going to try not to think about it I guess...
Awww, I'd be nervous too, but think of the outcome from that..... a little baby boy to hold in your arms... awww

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, I'd be nervous too, but think of the outcome from that..... a little baby boy to hold in your arms... awww
No way! keep him in your belly f0r as l0ng as p0ssible!

september babies r0ck! im a 7th sept baby yeahhh!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Oh.... how exciting!!! I hope everything continues to go well.

I checked with my Joshua and he says he doesn't mind sharing the name.
I don't know, he looks pretty unhappy in your sig!!!