I just found THE wedding dress, but...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site says that its only being sold in one shop in MA. While I would *almost* consider flying there, I only know that the dress is between $601-1500 according to web site I was looking at

However their official web site says different. I may have to make an appointment and take a peek and see if they carry that specific dress

My guess is that its closer the $1500 than $601. That will make the dress WAY out of budget for me.
PS, this is the dress: http://www.moncheribridals.com/Allie...ollection.aspx

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's gorgeous! I would check at local boutiques to see if they have it. I bought a Mon Cheri for my wedding and it was a last year's dress so it wasn't even on the site listings or catalog.
I personally love Mon Cheri's styles.
P.S. - Plus, it's cheaper sometimes at boutiques. At least mine was.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

The site says that its only being sold in one shop in MA. While I would *almost* consider flying there, I only know that the dress is between $601-1500 according to web site I was looking at

However their official web site says different. I may have to make an appointment and take a peek and see if they carry that specific dress

My guess is that its closer the $1500 than $601. That will make the dress WAY out of budget for me.
PS, this is the dress: http://www.moncheribridals.com/Allie...ollection.aspx
WOW I really like that dress.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take that pic to a local dressmaker and see if they could do something similar?

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Can you take that pic to a local dressmaker and see if they could do something similar?
My step-mom did that. One of her best friends is a seamstress and she liked the style of one dress but she wanted more lace on it and in an ivory color. Heh, she was the same seamstress that fixed my dress too!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's what I kind also did. I loved the style of one dress, but the colour of another, so I got someone to make the style I wanted in the colour I wanted and I love it, it was perfect!!!!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenney, who on TCS is from MA??? Maybe enlist one of the crew to head over there and find out how much it is!!
It's very beautiful though! I hope it's more the price range you want and that you are able to get it!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to check out last year's line also. A lot of time, when something is a big seller, but they have to put something new out, they just make a few small changes to call it a "new style". It if is this year's line...you are looking at a good $1000-$1500. Check in any of the stores around you that sell that manufacturer and see if they have any older styles for discounted prices. You would be surprised at what you can find.

The dress I fell in love with from a catalogue was $2500+. Well...that was out. But, the dress I found I loved even more, and it was sample they got from a shop and was on sale for $400 (original price $850) and it was even more perfect that what I saw to begin with.

You will know the "perfect" dress when you actually try it on! It will speak to your soul (sounds stupid...but really, did does!)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful dress! I'm not much for "fancy" wedding dresses (I plan on very simple, not-expensive dress for my wedding in 5 months), but that dress is absolutely gorgeous! I hope it is closer to your budget/price range!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That dress is so pretty. There has got to be a way for you to get it, or one similar...I am sending many good luck <vibes> to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I think I'm going to start hunting for it (or one that I love) at the end of this month. I just got a call from one my friends reminding me that I need to get started on the most important thing of all: THE DRESS

Good point about last year's line. I'll have to find that one out.

OK so this is weird. The Knot tells me that its "only" sold in MA, Brides.com says its "only" sold in Missouri. Methinks that there is some vendor advertising being played here.

I'm defintely going to write down the salons/boutiques that the designer has listed on their web site. I'll post once I know more.

Very lovely dress Stacy!!! I'll have to keep that one in mind