$50 per month, on sale

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what it costs to feed my three (is three a crew?) their wet food every month. When it's on sale, that is!

Penny will only eat Sheba chicken & duck. Regular price is $1.19, on sale it is $ .99 per can/tub. One can/tub per day = $30-31 per month.

Ginger and Ferris both eat Meow Mix wet. (I used to give Ferris other brands as he'll eat almost anything, but then the recall hit and it turns out that what I'd been feeding him was included, so we switched to the MM wet for him with no problems at all.)

Last year, I was paying up to $ .63 per cup or pouch, but over the last year their prices have been slowly dropping. At PetsMart today it was regularly priced at $ .39 for the pouches ($ .43 for the cups,) down several cents from just a month ago, plus the pouches are on sale for $ .33 each! DEAL!

So I stocked up but good on the MM pouches - three for the price of feeding Penny just once! It's a good thing she's worth it, LOL!

So... Ferris & Ginger, 2 pouches per day total at $ .66 = $19.80 - 20.46 per month. A total of about $50 per month, when they are on sale.

I don't even want to try to figure out what I'm spending on the dry I buy for them, LOL... then there's the cost of cat litter, a minimum of $20 per month...oi vey...

What do YOU spend per month on just wet food for your furbabies?

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I only have 1 kitty but I don't feed him entirely wet food. I buy him 3 cans of the innova evo a week and that works out to $15 a month for him. But I also spend about $20 in dry for him a month too. So you figure I'm spending about $35 a month on his food.

My dog doesn't get canned food but when she did I would spend about $20 a month on the canned for my dog.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, I just calculated what we've been spending and how much we've been using and it came out to a little over $70.

That's just for wet!!!!

Ahhh, I'm horrified right now...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys eat the Meow Mix wet... I get the 12 pouches in a box for $3.61... and I get that every 2 weeks (I will buy a few extra pouches just in case I run out... those are usually .30something cents a piece). And right now the only thing that the boys wont turn their nose up to, and dont get sick from is Whiskas dry- which they dont eat much of anyways since they are mostly wet (2 pouches a day)

So... roughly $25.00 a month between wet & dry. (more so money spent on the wet)

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat food bill is roughly $800 per month, not including the dry Royal Canin kibble. And, no, that's not a typo....it's 800.

Before anyone asks...yes they must eat better than we do.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DO you really want to know???

Zoey s canned runs about 10 bucks a month , she is not fond of canned... her Natural choice runs me tax( I work for them nice perk one gets dry ) ... If I have to pay it is 15 ish a month for dry ... She like Orijen but shipping is nearly the cost of it so I will buy a big bag and likly that will = to about 15 a month ... Her food based viatimin is 3 months ( since she refuses to take daily) for 20 ish ...

total for a month for her 20-45

Gigi eats homemade now .. she runs me about 10 a week for food ... but her meds and supplement s run me about 50 -60 for a month

so she is 90-100 a month ( RAW IS WAY way CHEAPER feed her with supplement s about 10 a week)

Nial such a doll to make me feel better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

My cat food bill is roughly $800 per month, not including the dry Royal Canin kibble. And, no, that's not a typo....it's 800.

LOL, Nial, why does this figure not surprise me?
Maybe because I adopted my princess with champagne tastes and caviar desires from you?

Oh, such lucky, lucky cats!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I'm getting off very easy...
All 3 of our cats only eat purina indoor. Its the only thing that doesnt make Chablis sick and the other 2 love it. We give them wet only for thanksgiving and christmas
So we spend maybe $20 a month...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know and I really don't want to think about it. LOL I mix three types of food together and I think I have it worked out so I can spread out the purchasing of bags to about 1 every week to week and a half. I've had to buy 2 of the 3 bags at once and that came to $60+. The other bag runs about $25. But I did just score a great deal on one type (Eukanuba Indoor Formula) that was $8 off the regular price at Petsmart so it was $13 instead of $22 AND a $5 coupon by mail for Petsmart. SCORE!

But as to the total per month, I don't know. I don't know how long a bag lasts. I just know how much each bag costs.

Nope, not gonna think about it.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
21.00 a month for Mistoflee's wet food. Science Diet senior chicken. It is the ONLY wet food that he will eat and not have diareah (sp) with. He's 15, and as far as I'm concerned if he will eat it- he can have it. Sneaky doesn't eat wet food.

They both get Science Diet Sensitive Skin food, that's $20 a bag, which lasts us about a month. So about $40 total for the cats.

Then there's the "critters" I feed outside. The birds get a big bird cake, small bird cake. Safflower seed and "bird treat". And corn for the squirrels. I have to feed them right now, somebody built a nest in one of the trees, and I can't have hungry babies ( if I have any in there). All that stuff's about $30 or so a month (sigh).

So 70-80 a month to feed the furred and feathered children.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hrm... never thought about it. We Go get 1 20lb of Nutro Max a month $28 w tax

I don't feed wet... but reading this site... I'm thinking I'm going to start doing so a few times a week.

Now just to figure out what kind

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I want to know, but I guesstimate it must be in the neighborhood of $35-40/mo for the two of them. They get Royal Canin dry and a variety of wet (most around 99 cents a can, but they do get the MM cups too).

Then again, I have the luxury of not economizing on the kitty food (I buy them whatever looks good and skimp on the food for DH
)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just switched all the dry food in the house to Wellness and Stumpy now eats nothing but canned food. With 13 cats and 2 large dogs, our bill probably runs about $500-$600 a month. I'm afraid to calculate it. I know I can't walk out of a store without spending over $100 and that's weekly for dry. Then there is all the wet food they get daily.......

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to say about $75 dollars a month in food for 4 cats.

To be honest though, compare that to how much YOU spend on food. I know my lunches alone (per week) cost about $40, so I'm running $160 in lunch a month. Plus whatever dinner costs and breakfast and snacks...

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my guys went on a food strike and want expensive stuff again. They go in phases.
So my budget for wet is going to be more like $60 per month. But I try to keep it around $50 if I can. Dry food was $20 for a big bag, and that will last a couple months.

Kitty litter is where I like to save money if I can. If our food budget is going up I may switch back to Schnuck's scooping cat litter, it's $2.50 for 15 lbs.
Unscented and multicat formulas are pretty good.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Wow!!! How many cats is that for on average?

I'm beginning to feel like our cats are deprived

They get Felidae dry and only get a small amount each day. I think I spend about $15 on the big tins and they last over a month.

Dry food is also Felidae and we buy the largest bag which lasts 3 months and costs about $26 I think. I'm glad my girls aren't big eaters!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my 2 kitties:

$27 for 30 small cans of Friskies
$21.00 for bag of veterinarian dry w/d Feline
$23.00 for 2 bags of Jonny Cat Scoop cat litter

prices are roughly including 13% sales taxes.