I have a question.....

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
2 of my cats have a V looking tear at the top of their right ear, neither one are related to each other! What could this mean?
Spookie was the 1st cat I have ever seen with this sort of mark or cut out?!
I just thought it was part of his rough kittyhood before I rescued him, he is
the one with 1/2 his tail, and the disfigured nose.
But then came GiGi, and she has the exact same mark, same ear! It is some kind of breed markings? Anyway, just thought someone might have some kind of answer.... thanks

Monique

caspix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's very interessting! i think that nature gave them that marks, but it's cool! i would like my cats have that, too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually, a notch is cut into the ear of a rescue kitty when they are spayed/neutered, especially feral rescues - the notch can be seen from a distance, so you can tell which ones are still intact.

I'm betting it just means that they were fixed at some point before you got them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Usually, a notch is cut into the ear of a rescue kitty when they are spayed/neutered, especially feral rescues - the notch can be seen from a distance, so you can tell which ones are still intact.

I'm betting it just means that they were fixed at some point before you got them.
that is interesting, but spookie, was about 3 mos. when he came home from the carwash with us. We brought him to be neutered, my son got to go in
and watch his surgery!

as for "G" well someone just dumped her out here at the house, she wasn't even old enough to be away from her mom. I can't believe she even found her way to my house because it sits a good block away from the rode.

now the other ferals that i trapped, brought in for their surgeries, and then brought home with me , are mama who is the mama of spook, love, and scream, love and scream don't have it and neither does mama!
these cats were a small group of strays, and believe me, around here
people don't even bring in their own cats to be fixed, muchless some strays
at the carwash. Heck, people here hardly feed a cat of their own!

thanks for that info!

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have an answer to your question, but I would strongly urge you to refrain from putting your cat through the carwash.

Cheers, Karl.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

I don't have an answer to your question, but I would strongly urge you to refrain from putting your cat through the carwash.

Cheers, Karl.

I think you interpreted what she said wrong.

It happens a whole lot on this site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

Cheers, Karl.
Karl, you so crazy!!!!!