Deodorants that don't work?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I A couple of weeks ago i bought a newish deodorant, Rexona crystal clear, because i was sick of getting white marks on my clothes, and i already used a Rexona brand.

Well i've thrown the darn can out and gone back to my normal white mark giving Rexona anti-perpirant!!

This crystal one smells nice, and is also anti-perspirant, but i noticed after a day out (say 6 hours later) my armpits were as smelly as anything! I also noticed if after my shower (when i've scrubbed and shaved my armpits to perfection) if i dont put the deodorant on for a few hours...my armpits have the same smell at night!

This never used to happen with any spray, or roll-on deodorants. It's like it has altered the skin under my armpits and i had that awful manly 'been working on the car all day sweaty pit' smell. I haven't had a change in diet or anything either.

So i'm back to my old one now, and all is fine.

Anyone else have a problem with deodorants making promises they can't keep?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only problem I've ever had is when i go for a cheap brand. I think i bought "teen spirit" one time and I threw it away within 30 minutes.

I think I use suave gel. Though I'm not completely certain.

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried lots of different deodorants, but without fail I always return to my beloved Dove Original Clean solid. I can't stand sprays or roll-ons, and most solids are either too solid, or too, well, not-solid. However, Dove is always perfect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrouchingCheese

I've tried lots of different deodorants, but without fail I always return to my beloved Dove Original Clean solid. I can't stand sprays or roll-ons, and most solids are either too solid, or too, well, not-solid. However, Dove is always perfect.
Dove didn't work for me

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad Dove doesn't work, that's the ONLY deoderant that works for me.

Anything that is labeled "Clear" has not worked for me. Same with the roll ons and the spray deoderants.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate roll ons because their sticky. I'm not keen on sticks because they crumble after a while.

I use Sure sprays, especially the crystal because it doesn't give white marks on your clothing, or Dove or Imperial Leather

pennicat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got to the point where none of my old standards worked anymore - they were all antipersperants, and it was almost like they were reacting to my own body chemistry and leaving a smell in all of my clothing. I decided I needed a change.

I tried several things and settled on Lush deoerant (don't racall which "flavor") and absolutely love it! They also have a soft one called Aromacreme that's good too. Even though they are deoderants, they have some antipersperant qualities, and they smell nice too. Even if I do have any odor at the end of the day, it is typically not very bad or objectionable at all.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone's body chemistry is different and different formulas work for different people. Suave and Secret both work well for me.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried a bunch earlier in my life and found that Secret works for me. Most any kind of Secret, but that seems to be about the only thing that does work with my chemestry. I use the Invisible Solids and switch scents often.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be happy to just be able to find an actual deodorant instead of antiperspirant. I cannot find a ladies deodorant.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Suave, and I really like it. Anything that says "Powder fresh, powder scent" etc. doesn't work for me

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'd be happy to just be able to find an actual deodorant instead of antiperspirant. I cannot find a ladies deodorant.
those are easy to find ... try your local health food store////

often they have
Jasons

nature gate

avalon

all are deodorant onlys ///

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard somewhere (like with shampoo, your hair does good with change, has less build up) it is good to change deodorants and switch around, rather than only using one for months and years.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have decided that no matter what, they all leave white marks!!
I hjave tried everything!!! Well not everything, because I havent tried to sprays...but all the sticks, they all do it! And if its not the white mart, then they dont smell very good....

I would love to try something, if anyone can tell me one that smells good and doesnt leave the lovely white smears!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My body has been changing over the years. The only thing that really works now is Certain Dry.