Ewww!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that there was food stuck in my gums from when I got my wisdom teeth out last month and it turns out it was a piece of gauze from when they packed it when I got dry socket.
I thought the gauze had come out the day after they put it in.

I had been trying to pull it out for over a week now and I just couldn't get it. My dental insurance ran out when I turned 21 (last Monday) and I couldn't afford to go back to the dentist so I was trying so hard to get it out myself. I finally got it out tonight and now theres an even bigger hole in my gums and it feels so weird. The gauze was so gross too. It was all covered in blood and it made my mouth bleed. It was in there for over 2 weeks.

I sure hope that hole starts to heal soon. I know it takes about 6 months for it to fully heal but its really annoying and painful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Why don't you go to the dentist? Nobody likes to go there but I think it can make it easier for you
My dental insurance ran out on the 6th when I turned 21 and I can't afford it. I still owe them $200 from getting my wisdom teeth out (I had to pay 20% of it) and I can't afford to go again.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

My dental insurance ran out on the 6th when I turned 21 and I can't afford it. I still owe them $200 from getting my wisdom teeth out (I had to pay 20% of it) and I can't afford to go again.
Aww you poor thing *hugs* i always worry about having to go back there (cant afford it either) i think really they should give you a free consultation just for the hassle and pain

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Maybe you could look online, like on a dental forum or email an online dentist??

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Oh wow...

I hope you feel better, and besides I wanted to say something regarding this money issue but nm, I hope you feel better though

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I had my wisdom teeth out eight years ago and it sucked. A sliver of tooth ended up working it's way out of my gums. Gargle with salt water and that should help it heal up again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonlights mom

Maybe you could look online, like on a dental forum or email an online dentist??
Thanks. I didn't even think of that. I am trying to find one now.

Originally Posted by arie85

Oh wow...

I hope you feel better, and besides I wanted to say something regarding this money issue but nm, I hope you feel better though
What did you want to say?

jadedlaw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Gargle with salt water and that should help it heal up again.
This is very good advice. Warm water with some salt added. It might sting initially, but keep it up and it will help.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as it doesn't feel like it's infected, it should be fine. I agree, gargle with salt water and it should heal up pretty fast. If it seems like its getting infected (but I don't think it will though) get to the ER asap.