Cat Dancin'!

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG! I know this is going to sound reeeeaalllly silly but I've been encouraged by xocat in another thread to "out" some of my nuttiness (cattiness? lol!) since others are just as koo-koo for kitties as me!

Two of my kitties, Bubbles and Jesus, LOVE to dance! They especially love Rod Stewart ("Maggie May" is a fave! LOL!!!). Ok, maybe it's not "dancing" but they get up from the couch and begin "meuw'ing" a bit and then walk on me and pur. I think they are little furry Beethovens in the making personally! Lol! I was threatening Jesus the other day with getting him some leather pants so he could really "get down". Lol!!!!!!

Now I know people will think I'm REALLY crazy - - but are there any other dancing kitties or music lovin' kitties out there too? Lol!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! Well, I love to sing, and when I'm alone in the house, I take advantage of the opportunity... and I always make sure to do it sitting down, because I love the way Pearl comes running, hops up on my chest, grabs my face, and meows urgently along with me!

At least, I think she's singing along -- she might be just begging me to stop...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwwww...Carol....Pearl sounds so cute I could eat her up!!!!!!

Not literally eat her up though....LOL! Oh that just made me feel bad given the recent horrible cat eating conversations that have made me sad lately. But you know what I mean.

What a cute singin' kitty you have! Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitties4ever

Not literally eat her up though....LOL! Oh that just made me feel bad given the recent horrible cat eating conversations that have made me sad lately. But you know what I mean.
Oh god, here we go!

Just kidding!

When I am alone in the house (or sometimes not alone) I like to sing and dance with PHX! He will like sit on my hip like a baby would and is totally cool with me swinging me all around! Now when I start singing...he goes a runnin'!

BTW: I'm glad your sticking around!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats just kind of look at me funny when I start dancing, but my dogs LOVE it! Snickers will get up on her hind legs and I'll take her front paws and do our own version of the jitterbug! Of course, she is probably just trying to keep her balance, and not actually dancing...and barks her head off looking at me like I've lost my mind...but she seems to enjoy it! This is when the cats just look at me with disdain...but, I do notice their tails are twitching in time with the music!

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

My cats just kind of look at me funny when I start dancing, but my dogs LOVE it! Snickers will get up on her hind legs and I'll take her front paws and do our own version of the jitterbug! Of course, she is probably just trying to keep her balance, and not actually dancing...and barks her head off looking at me like I've lost my mind...but she seems to enjoy it! This is when the cats just look at me with disdain...but, I do notice their tails are twitching in time with the music!
Awwww! We need pictures, y'all....pictures of our fur fairies bein' dancing kings and queens! LOL!!!!!

OMG! I've got to go play some Rod Stewart like....NOW! LOL!!!!!!!!!

(I just said "Rod Stewart" to Jesus and his little ears perked! Lol!!!!!!!)

OOOOoooo! I wish we had dancin' kitty emoticons!!!!!!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awwww! We need pictures, y'all....pictures of our fur fairies bein' dancing kings and queens! LOL!!!!!

OMG! I've got to go play some Rod Stewart like....NOW! LOL!!!!!!!!!

(I just said "Rod Stewart" to Jesus and his little ears perked! Lol!!!!!!!)

OOOOoooo! I wish we had dancin' kitty emoticons!!!!!!!!
Ok, hon. Maybe you need to cut down on the caffine!!
(just kidding, you crack me up!)

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Calico! I'll try to tone it down but the good fun on this forum is infectious! I'm so happy to have people to talk with about my babies! Yippeeeeeeeeeee! LOL!!!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I pick one my cats up to sing and dance but I don't think they like it.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats think I'm crazy when I start singing, they run, and hide..

I guess it's pretty bad...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Sometimes I pick one my cats up to sing and dance but I don't think they like it.
not a fan of my singing and dancing
but I persist!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred used to love have me hold him and sing to him while we danced. It was so sweet. He would either lay his head on my chest or wrap his little paws around my neck and purr in my ear. He really liked Patsy Cline and Roseanne Cash.
I have had other cats that were music lovers, but my current crew could care less. Scooter will bite me if I try to dance with him.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry Calico! I'll try to tone it down but the good fun on this forum is infectious! I'm so happy to have people to talk with about my babies! Yippeeeeeeeeeee! LOL!!!!

No! Don't apologize!! I think it's adorable! Actually, to a slow song, I can dance with Gizmo, with his little arms around my neck and his little claws diggin into me. Of course, I lead.