Im proud of myself!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed myself this morning
and I'm very proud to announce I'm down to 128lbs!

This time 2 years ago I was a few pounds short of 200lbs.
I'm very proud!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh Dixie, that's fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

How'd you do it?

W-O-W! There's a "Weight loss for humans" thread...do you post there? You MUST share your strategy! And your story.
Very inspirational indeed!!

Congrats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh Dixie, that's fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

How'd you do it?
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Maybe the hard physical labor of roofing had something to do with it?

The roofing and since I stopped taking anti-depressants. I was taking them because I was gaining weight from not working and then gained MORE weight from the meds so it made the depression TWICE as bad... It was a double edged sword

Finally one day I woke up and decided I wasn't going to take the meds anymore. I slowly weaned myself off them and went back to work shortly afterwards.
I have a weakness for junk food and Im hypoglycemic so it's VERY hard to not snack all day.
I just stay very active with work. Not to mention having 2 VERY active little boys to keep up with!

I have about 8lbs to go and I'll be happy

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats. I'm a guy and I myself am having a hell of a time battling the bulge. My normal weight is about 155 lbs., but due to clinical depression I had to try just about every combination of meds possible...Many of them still in the experimental stage, so I've been a guinea pig of sorts. Anyway, long story short, the only combination that has been able to keep the demons at bay is a cocktail of Prozac and Zyprexa. Prozac has its share of side-effects but nothing I can't handle. Zyprexa on the other hand...Its most prominent side-effect is weight gain. Once I started taking it I literally gained 35 lbs in 35 days, so now I weigh 190 lbs! I gained all that weight in just over ONE month! So now none of my clothes fit anymore and I'm always tired. It's hard to walk long distances because my legs are still that of a 155 pound man and they're not used to supporting all this extra weight. I wish I could stop taking the meds like you did, but I know that I would become severely depressed again. So now I have the choice of either being thin and horribly melancholy, or fat but sane. I'm as vain as the next guy, but I have to opt for sanity.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow congratulations Alycia!

Originally Posted by megagene

Congrats. I'm a guy and I myself am having a hell of a time battling the bulge. My normal weight is about 155 lbs., but due to clinical depression I had to try just about every combination of meds possible...Many of them still in the experimental stage, so I've been a guinea pig of sorts. Anyway, long story short, the only combination that has been able to keep the demons at bay is a cocktail of Prozac and Zyprexa. Prozac has its share of side-effects but nothing I can't handle. Zyprexa on the other hand...Its most prominent side-effect is weight gain. Once I started taking it I literally gained 35 lbs in 35 days, so now I weigh 190 lbs! I gained all that weight in just over ONE month! So now none of my clothes fit anymore and I'm always tired. It's hard to walk long distances because my legs are still that of a 155 pound man and they're not used to supporting all this extra weight. I wish I could stop taking the meds like you did, but I know that I would become severely depressed again. So now I have the choice of either being thin and horribly melancholy, or fat but sane. I'm as vain as the next guy, but I have to opt for sanity.
Sending vibes for you , things will get better!

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Way to go
I'm so happy for you I know it isn't easy ...Be proud

glad you shared !

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I'm very proud!
Megagene I know it can be a tough call those meds will make you gain weight but it is your well being that comes first try to keep your spirits up it will all work out .

Originally Posted by megagene

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I'm very proud!
Congrats to you again & again! You should be proud of yourself!

As long as we are all healthy, thats all that matters! Good Luck to everyone who needs to lose or gain weight.