It's 106 degrees (F) in the shade here

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you heard it right, it's 106 here today and my thermometer is in the shade. I hear that the heat index is supposed to be about 115. I know that folks out in Arizona are probably snickering at this, but our humidity is a lot higher here in Kansas than it is out west.

We were going to take a dip in the pool but I can't even get myself outside long enough to jump in. There isn't even a breeze. I think its catnap time.

How's the weather by you?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our heat index is well over 100 degrees not to include that the humidity is outrageous today. I was sitting in an air conditioned car for about 10 mins waiting on a pizza and my pants had soaked through on leather seats and looked liked I went swimming.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only about 94 here in Indiana with the heat index. It's a nice break from earlier in the week but it's still hot. Sorry about the heat in TX, AZ, and KA. That really sucks. for cooler weather

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Texas is 101 with a heat index of 108, humidity 31%. With the humidity low for this area, its hot but at least its not a sauna outside. I'd rather deal with dry heat over humidity any day of the year!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was about 80 here today..Not bad at all thats about as hot as we ever get mid 80s.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sympathize with you!

I'm not sure what the temperature is outside today, but it's warm and sunny with clear skies. I don't have my fan on so it's not unbearably hot.

At the end of July we had several days of heat index temperatures in the mid to high 40's celcius....that's about 127 degrees Farenheit. I thought I was going to die. I don't have air conditioning and I felt like I had heat stroke just from being in my living room and had no less than 5 ice cold showers per day to try and lower my body temperature because I was feeling so ill from the heat.

Skip the swim. Stay inside and try and stay cool. Drink plenty of water.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only 101 (38°C) here, with a heat index of 99 (37°C) since the humidity is so low.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow, that is brutal. August is probably the hottest month, though, right? Hang in there!

Wish you guys could come here to Ogden Point where it's 61 F (16 C) and get a breather. My husband just got back from New Mexico and he keeps remarking how cold it is here!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew, the heat index here has been in the 120's the last few days. Weather.com says its only 89º out right now, feels like 96º (but yet the last time it was updated was at noon! I'm sure its hotter out now later in the day).

Ugh. I just took a COLD shower. The thought of warm water made me feel dehydrated. Rob & I are about to go get some Coldstone

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Holy cow, that is brutal. August is probably the hottest month, though, right? Hang in there!
Yes, for us August usually is the most brutal. Since we had all those constant rainstorms, it has finally stopped and now we suddenly have all the heat and constant humidity! I'm not going to complain since our lake levels are still horrendous and overflooded to the point where there will NOT be any access for many, many months. I'm just now not used to the heat and humidity that we normally would have had.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I just woke up from my catnap (the cats were helping me) and at 6PM, it's still 102.

And hey you AZers......quit your snickering!!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Was a cool (
) 102 here today w/heat indices of 108-110. No relief in sight, suppose to stay 100+ all week long.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was about 90 degrees today during the heat of the day but the humidity wasn't bad and it was absolutely glorious around 5 o'clock. Can't complain, and we're expecting showers for the next 3 days (hopefully), been having a mini-drought since April.