Member Spotlight of the Week ***SIGGAV***

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is our new member spotlight of the week, Siggav, the personal assistant of the beautiful of Bengal Nikita!!! Lets give Siggav a round of applause.

I will start off the questions.

1. Where do you live?
2. Where did you get Nikita?
3. Nikita's pictures are beautiful, which camera are you using and lens?
4. What is the worst thing Nikita has done?
5. Why did you pick the name Nikita?
6. Do you plan on getting another kitty? If so, how many and what breed?

We will start off with these 6 questions and we will sure have more later. Now, everyone ask away!!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Where do you live?
I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I've been here for around 4 years now.

2. Where did you get Nikita?
I bought Nikita from a very good small bengal breeder who's based just outside Aberdeen.

3. Nikita's pictures are beautiful, which camera are you using and lens?
Thank you
I've got a Nikon D50, the best thing I've bought for me, well apart from Nikita
My lenses are an old manual 50mm lens, which is the one I've used for most of the pictures. I love how sharp it is. My other lens is the 18-55mm kit lens that came with the camera. That lens is ok but not nearly as nice as the 50mm prime. I'm planning on buying an auto focus version of the 50mm soon. It can be a pain having to have everything on manual. Even the camera metering etc. doesn't work with the old lens. I got that one off ebay though for under 20$ so it was definately worth it buying it since I couldn't afford to get the new auto focus version at the time.

4. What is the worst thing Nikita has done?
I have a fish tank planted with live plants. To help the plants grow better I had a CO2 system for it. It was a yeast based CO2 generator that was sitting in a specifically bought container in the cabinet under the fish tank. Nikita managed to open the door, get in and tip the container over one day while I was at work. The yeast and sugar mix got siphoned into the tank. I got home to a bread dough smelling living room with a milky white fermenting tank. The yeast had sucked all the oxygen out of the water and all my fish, apart from 4 female bettas were dead. Needless to say the plants are having to make do without Co2 supplements now.

5. Why did you pick the name Nikita?
I named her after the main character in this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100263/
I thought that naming a female cat after a character that could both be a ruthless lethal assassin and a complete lady was pretty apt.

6. Do you plan on getting another kitty? If so, how many and what breed?
Weeell, I sort of want to get another cat. I would like to get another bengal, a snow marble probably or a silver Somali since I do like fluffy tails in cats and the Somalis definately qualify.

However Nikita has so far shown nothing but disdain if not outright aggression to other cats. She's a female cat, very stubborn and territorial so I'm pretty certain that she's one of those female cats that's much happier being an only cat. Still I haven't yet tried to get another cat and do the slow introductions etc. so there is a chance that it could work.

My apartment isn't big enough for two cats that don't get along so if I do try to get another cat I'll have to have a plan B for what to do if the cats just can't get along. I.e most likely return the newbie cat to wherever I got him from.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SOO excited!
I can't wait!
I really love all of Nikita's pictures, and I hope we'll get too see more!

*Where were you born?
*How old are you?
*Are you married? Kids?
*What do you do for a living?
*What do you like to do on your free time?
*Name all of the countries\\locations you've visited.
*How did you come to find TCS?

I think that's it for now! Enjoy your week!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'm just uploading some more pictures of Nikita so I'm about to post some, right after I've finished answering your questions

*Where were you born?
Reykjavik, Iceland

*How old are you?
26, turning 27 soon.

*Are you married? Kids?
Nope and no. I was 18 though when my mom had my youngest sister so I've been a part of raising a child. Going through that was the best contraceptive I could ever have had
My sister was apparently an unusually difficult baby.

I'm a software engineer in a small company I'm a co-founder of. It's very rewarding but can be a lot hard work and rather stressful at times.

*What do you like to do on your free time?
I play with Nikita, take photos. Take photos of Nikita. Go online, read, play the fiddle and visit my friends. Oh and I fence as well, western martial arts style not the olympic style, my main weapon is the basket hilted backsword.

*Name all of the countries\\locations you've visited.
Iceland (all over), France (Paris and Nantes), Denmark (Copenhagen and Arhus), Belgium (Brussels), UK (London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford, Cambridge, Southampton, Bristol, Chester, Llangollen, Aberdeen + all over the Highlands), Greenland (don't remember the name of the town, it was a daytrip from Iceland), Austria (Vienna), USA (New Jersey, Manhattan), Spain (Barcelona). I think that's it.

*How did you come to find TCS?
I don't remember. Some random googling around, I'm very glad I did though.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a few!

1) What's your favorite color?
2) What's your favorite food?
3) Dream vacation?
4) What did you want to be when you were a child?
5) How many castle's have you visited while in Scotland?
6) What was the most mischevious thing you ever did when you were little?
7) Did you ever participate in any sports?
8) Do you have a car or truck? What kind?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here goes..

1) What's your favorite color?
It varies, but when it comes to clothes I keep falling for red dresses, shoes, coats and skirts.

2) What's your favorite food?
My mum's beef wellington, it's coated with a mushroom, onion and tomato mix rather than pate and is just delishious.

3) Dream vacation?
Hmm.. I would like to go to Australia and/or Japan and take lots and lots of photos
I'd also actually like to go to Iceland for a horse trek, doing those is awesome.

4) What did you want to be when you were a child?
I wanted to be in a travelling circus as a tightrope walker and train dogs and horses. Somehow those career plans changed when I got older..

5) How many castle's have you visited while in Scotland?
They're all over the place here. To count off the top of my head: Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Doune Castle, Eilean Donan, Urquhart Castle, Castle Tioram, Inverlochy Castle. I've driven past more and I'm probably forgetting some.

I've also gone to Alnwick castle multiple times and done sword demos there. Alnwick castle isn't a Scottish castle though since it's south of the border but it's a big castle and was used as a location in the first two Harry Potter movies etc. I've only been there on festive days so they've had falconers around etc. it was lots of fun.

6) What was the most mischevious thing you ever did when you were little?
I don't know really. I was a pretty well behaved kid (as I remember anyway).

7) Did you ever participate in any sports?
I do historical western martial arts now, which isn't a sport though, it's a martial art. I was a part of a handball team when I was a kid. That's it though. I'm not particularely sporty.

8) Do you have a car or truck? What kind?
Nope, I'm not even sure I know how to drive still. I've not driven a car in 6 years. I really don't like cars so one of the big factors when I was deciding where to live was to find a place where you don't have to have a car. One of the reasons I doubt I'll ever be moving to the States.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, good Morning!!!....

Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?

2.- ¿Wich part exactly?

3.- Can you speak spanish?
4.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

5.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
6.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
7.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
8.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock???
9.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

10.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)

Enought for today, ....see you tomorrow my friend...

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'll do too well with these ones.

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
I've never been to Mexico and actually I know very little about it. I always enjoy going to see new and different things though so I'd love to come visit at some point.

2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
See answer to question 1.

3.- Can you speak spanish?
Nope, I speak some french so I can understand a tiny little bit of spanish but mostly I can't.

4.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
First of all I have lots of classical spanish guitar music which I love. Then I have a few cds of Shakira etc in Spanish. I find that type of music sounds much better in Spanish than in English.

5.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
I've watched a lot of Spanish movies (I.e lots of Almadovar movies etc.) as for Mexican ones, hmm.. I own El Mariachi on dvd (along with Desperado), I love Y tu mamá tambiÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]n and I've seen Amores perros.

6.-Do you like the Mexican Food?( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I do as long as it's not too spicy although after I got hooked on indian food I've gotten much more appreciative of non-bland food
. I like burritos, tacos, nachos etc. However to be honest I don't think I've ever eaten *proper* mexican food, know what I mean?

7.-Do you like the Tequila?...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
I've never had tequila. It scares me. Heh.. I do drink though and I like Whiskey etc. so it's not the alchohol it's just yeah.. I don't know.

8.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock???
No.

9.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
Nope, well just in pictures and travel documentaries etc.

Nope. I've never actually been on a beach where the water is warm enough to swim in. Most "beaches" I've been on have been rocky, with lots of pebbles and water that's around as cold as the inside of a fridge. I have swum in the ocean but that was after falling out of a small boat. Very much not on purpose.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for answer my questions my friend!

Originally Posted by Siggav

*Where were you born?
Reykjavik, Iceland
I'm a software engineer in a small company I'm a co-founder of. It's very rewarding but can be a lot hard work and rather stressful at times.
-How is the weather in you place my friend?

-are you living in scotland for work or for pleasure?

-don´t you miss your born place?

I don't think I'll do too well with these ones.

Nope. I've never actually been on a beach where the water is warm enough to swim in. Most "beaches" I've been on have been rocky, with lots of pebbles and water that's around as cold as the inside of a fridge. I have swum in the ocean but that was after falling out of a small boat. Very much not on purpose.
You do it a great work with your answers my friend!

here´s a link about Cancun to you know it!
is a beautiful and paradisiacan place!

http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

have a nice day!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You hear a knock at your front door. You answer it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams!
Who is it? Are they wearing a kilt?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CoolCat - thank you for the link to info about Cancun, it looks like a great place and *so* different to anything I'm used to.

-How is the weather in you place my friend?
Wet mostly. It has rained unusually much this summer. It's usually warm enough so that you don't need a sweater or a scarf but a light summer jacket is needed most of the time. I.e you can't wear just a t-shirt. I like it that way though and get uncomfortable if things go over 28°C

-are you living in scotland for work or for pleasure?
Both, I came here originally to study for an M.Sc at Edinburgh University, I finished that and wasn't ready to return to Iceland so I ended up getting a job which turned into the company I work for. I am very happy with my job and I know how rare that is so I don't want to leave just yet. Getting Nikita was a part of deciding to stay here for a while because while it's possible to import cats to Iceland it's expensive and requires a quarantine etc. Hopefully they'll loosen up on that a bit by the time I move back. I will take Nikita with me no matter where I move.

-don´t you miss your born place?

Yes but I'm also quite settled where I am. I mostly miss my family and I do go home to spend Christmas with them every year and also for atleast a week during the summer but still it can be hard. I also miss the horses and the way horses are kept back home.

gemlady - oof that's a hard question!

You hear a knock at your front door. You answer it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams! Who is it? Are they wearing a kilt?
Hmm.. my favourite celebrity isn't necessarely the one I'd want to turn up at my doorstep. I think I'll say John Barrowman, he's lovely and I'm pretty sure he'd fawn over Nikita etc. or no wait! Zachary Quinto from Heroes, yep he can show up at my doorstep anytimel.

With the kilts, nah not really they're too formal. See kilts in Scotland are just formal wear. They're like nice suits. Guys look good in them but they're not strange or "exotic" they're kilts. Does that make sense?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SIGGAV - interesting ID. Does it mean anything?

It's a slight variation of my real life nickname. So yeah, it's pretty much my name.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I will take Nikita with me no matter where I move.
This answer make my day my friend!
very good and I´ll be praying for you can to reach your goals!
,...thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today:

The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

( have you ever listened this one?....http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?
I have very varied musical tastes but I have a soft spot for mellow easy going songs sung by men with rumbly voices. So Leonard Cohen, Jonny Cash, Nick Cave, Sting once he went more mellow etc. I also really like folk music and specifically somewhat bluegrassy folk. I love Tracy Grammar and Dave Carter.

Although really I'm a huge David Bowie fan and I also like jazz, classical music (esp Beethoven and Bach), old swing music, rag time, Gregorian monk singing, the list goes on. It's easier really to say what I don't like. I don't like screaming death metal and some rap (not all though).

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?
Lots, well over a hundred, probably 200.

David Bowie actually.

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
Nellie McKay

5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????
Nope I haven't, checking them out now though.

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???
Yep I have all of Bowie's cds.

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?
Not really, I've been to a few concerts but none of them were my favourite artists at the time.

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???
( have you ever listened this one?....http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0

I don't really listen to radio, I have an ipod and tend to listen to my own mix of mp3s.

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...
I sometimes listen to full cds but usually I listen to a more random set. Like I said earlier I have an ipod and that has really shaped how I listen to music.

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?…
Yes I play the violin, both scottish folk music (play every now and then in a pub with some friends of mine even) and also classical music. I used to be a part of an amateur symphonic orchestra here in Edinburgh but had to quit once I got Nikita because to get to rehersal I would have had to go straight there from work and then not be back until around 10:30 in the evening and to leave Nikita alone for 14 hours in one day every week is just too much.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are being chased by zombies and you have a choice of two weapons: A flame thrower and a sling shot. What do you use and why?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

David Bowie actually.
Yep I have all of Bowie's cds.
Cool D Bowie!
I´m so sure that you know that is called too the "Chamaleon" of the music!, to Mr D Bowie,
I like from him,
-Let´s dance, Hallo Space boy and health filty lessons!

do you think about the cost of CD when you going to buy it?( i mean stop and analyze OR buy as reaction!

Do you have an I-pod?

Do you like the New age music?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are being chased by zombies and you have a choice of two weapons: A flame thrower and a sling shot. What do you use and why?

Flame thrower, without question! Zombies are undead and vulnerable to fire so they'll burn up before getting to me.

do you think about the cost of CD when you going to buy it?( i mean stop and analyze OR buy as reaction!
I think of the cost of the cd which is why I very rarely buy them.

Do you have an I-pod?
Yes, I'm on my fourth actually, first one stopped working, second was a shuffle that I got annoyed at not having a screen, then I had the old generation nano and that one got stolen so now I've got a green new 2gb nano.

Do you like the New age music?
Not really

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Flame thrower, without question! Zombies are undead and vulnerable to fire so they'll burn up before getting to me.
Good answer!

Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…

The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

Cheers my friend…

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today has been good, got a few new scratches from an accident involving Nikita and a new coffee table but that's ok.

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?

Probably the ones that are hard to fit into a genre but have some action and some comedy, I love movies like the Princess Bride and Grosse Point Blank etc.

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?
I have around 200 dvds, a lot of them whole tv series. I'm a movie and tv geek.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
Lots but to pick one I'll just say Johnny Depp

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
Dame Judy Dench, she's awesome.

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
I've been to a few cons where I've met some of my favourite actors.

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

No.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
They're always on in the middle of the night over here so I tend to watch the highlights afterwards.

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …
Yes I've done the music for a play at school (played the fiddle on stage as a part of the show etc.) it was lots and lots of fun.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...
I sort of answered that one before but I'd love to meet John Barrowman, he's a very lovely man and really good at making everyone feel at ease and all around brilliant and fun person. I don't know how much people in the states know about him but he plays Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood. He's very naughty but nice at the same time.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)……
That doesn't really matter to me, I mean it wouldn't really make much of a difference. No one talks to their neighbours here most of the time.