Kitto Got hurt yesterday!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First off let me say he's okay, but the craziest thing hapened! Yesterday morning we were awakened at 6 a.m. by a huge crash followed by the sound of a cat in pain under the bed. The night before Kitto had figured out how to jump up on our dresser, we have one of those zen fountains up there, the cats love it. Well I think what hapenned was Kitto jumped up there and one of our big cats was already there and they surprised each other and tumbled to the floor.I found Kitto with his leg sticking out at a wierd angle. They say to be careful with an injured cat but he crawled right to me. My vet wasn't even there yet so I grabbed him and took him to the Emergency Vet,$$$$!
I thought his leg was broken. It isn't, they think it is sprained and he is on pain meds, and suposed to be resting, but he is hopping around, happy as ever. I never saw a cat not land on their feet, but he is so young and maybe the other cat fell on him. I feel so bad, I should have shut him in his room for the night. Here he is restng and recovering:

caspix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i hope your Kitto will very very soon heal! GOOD LUCK to both of you!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ginava

I never saw a cat not land on their feet, but he is so young and maybe the other cat fell on him.
I'm glad your wee boy is ok.

It's possible that the older cat landed on him, but its also possible he didn't land on his feet. I started a thread a while back which didn't get very far, but it was about Diego and his inability to land on his feet, be it from a high place or even a height of less than 1 foot. It's very unusual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, he has had some bad luck , but I plan on keeping him and making sure the rest of his life is great.
Does Diego ever get hurt, not landing on his feet?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy falls on her butt pretty often, but has never been hurt, or even cried out like it hurt at the time. She is just a little clumsy.