Thanks Mom....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year my mom buys the boys backpacks for the new school year. Well yesterday when she was here, she asked Deacon (My 5 1/2 yr old) what kind of backpack he wanted.
His reply was "A scary one..... with skulls"

Mind you, this kid is completely fascinated with ANYTHING halloween related.

Sooooo when we were at the mall we went into Hot Topic.
Low and behold, there is a skull backpack.

So with everything being on sale and no sales tax, mom decides to buy it.
I tell her, "You're not REALLY gonna get that for him are you? Get him Cars or Transformers or something for CHILD... Not an EMO"

She said that's what he asked for, that's what he's getting..
So.. I have a Kindergartener who's going to show up at school looking like an emotionally disturbed teenager.

And no, I couldn't take it back as he's literally sleeping with it right now!

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/sto...=1186898181357

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

C'mon! He's gonna be the coolest kid on the monkey bars
I can only imagine what Justice is gonna want.. I see him as one of those "EMO" kids

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That backpack is pretty cool.

Around here one of the high schools is making parents buy clear and mesh backpacks. I feel bad for both kids and parents. The backpacks look cheap and I'm sure they are charging at least $50 for them.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

That backpack is pretty cool.

Around here one of the high schools is making parents buy clear and mesh backpacks. I feel bad for both kids and parents. The backpacks look cheap and I'm sure they are charging at least $50 for them.
I've seen those all over the mall too. They're around $35. Who in the world would want a clear backpack for everyone to see what you've got?

Originally Posted by fwan

i have ballerinas with mini skulls 0n them! they arent em0!
I wanted an AC/DC one but I don't think it works well with being a mom and almost 29..

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I've seen those all over the mall too. They're around $35. Who in the world would want a clear backpack for everyone to see what you've got?

I wanted an AC/DC one but I don't think it works well with being a mom and almost 29..
That is cute! Glad he likes his backpack so much. And if you want an AC/DC one, get it. Who cares what others think

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate those mesh and clear backpacks....
I LOVE the skull one tho! Its cool.
I want a pirate one... but I'm not planning on taking any classes this fall so oh well!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the mesh and clear plastic backpacks are for safety and security issues in schools now. Not too easy to hide a knife or gun in a clear plastic backpack. It's sad that personal privacy has to be forfitted for safety reasons. In a way I'm rather glad that I'm not raising children in these dangerous times.

Actually, I think the skull backpack is kind of cute!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I think the mesh and clear plastic backpacks are for safety and security issues in schools now. Not too easy to hide a knife or gun in a clear plastic backpack. It's sad that personal privacy has to be forfitted for safety reasons. In a way I'm rather glad that I'm not raising children in these dangerous times.

Actually, I think the skull backpack is kind of cute!
I worry everyday about the kids... I see things going on in schools and I'm scared to death what it's gonna be like when they're in middle/high school

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's good that he feels confident enough in himself that he can pick something nobody else will have. He probably just wants to distinguish himself. Sounds like a cool little guy.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Yeah, that's why they are doing that here. I still feel bad for the parents and kids though. The clear and mesh backpacks just don't look very well put together.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I think it's good that he feels confident enough in himself that he can pick something nobody else will have. He probably just wants to distinguish himself. Sounds like a cool little guy.
This child is the epitomy of confidence!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Oh, that's a great backpack! Skulls are very "in" right now.
Sadly enough, I have a pair of Union Bay tennis shoes with skulls and roses on it

Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Yeah, that's why they are doing that here. I still feel bad for the parents and kids though. The clear and mesh backpacks just don't look very well put together.
No... they don't.

One thing I don't understand is they aren't allowing them to have folders with designs or characters on them this year