Now Spook is sneezing...what does that mean?

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took GiGi this morning to the ER for her snake bite on her face! She is looking sooo much better tonight! But now Spook is sneezing, one right after
the other, it seems like he started this at the same time last yr. He is my first rescued, he is the one that has 1/2 of his tail missing, and his nose is permnantly disfigured, he is so intelligent and so awesome! he snores, but my vet checked his nose out and he said he shouldn't have any trouble!
It seems like in the last few days, I saw somewhere on this site something
about it being dangerous? if a cat sneezes??? I could have dreamed that but
what do ya'll think? allergies? I'm sure! Does anyone know something that I need to know? help!!

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it is allergies?

If he has a nose problem anyhow though, it might be good to take him for a quick check.

I just took two kittens to the vet for their second shots, and now two days later one of them is getting a cold, I'm pretty sure from one of my own cats. I know those shots lower their immune systems. Grrrr! They are supposed to go to their forever home tomorrow. This will be interesting!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a variety of things, including allergies or a cold. Depending on how disfigured his nose is and whether the internal structures are affected, he could be at risk for colds or infection because his nose doesn't drain properly. Occasionally cats can get things lodged in their noses, like blades of grass or food particles. If he is still sneezing on Monday, I would call the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
BarbB, your a foster mom? I bet that will be interesting, bless your heart!sending your kitties good health vibes and keeping them in my kitty prayers!
I did notice where your from, I used to live in Naperville.I have heard it has grown so much and is sooo awesome now! anyway good luck with the kitties!
Monique

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

It could be a variety of things, including allergies or a cold. Depending on how disfigured his nose is and whether the internal structures are affected, he could be at risk for colds or infection because his nose doesn't drain properly. Occasionally cats can get things lodged in their noses, like blades of grass or food particles. If he is still sneezing on Monday, I would call the vet.
You know I never thought about him getting something stuck up in his nose!
when my vet checked it out , (about 3 yrs. ago) he looked up in it and he felt of the way the bone had been moved to, he thought at that time
he was fine, asked me a few questions about his breathing and that was it.
But like I said, I really remember him doing this same thing last yr, at this
time of the yr. Sinues'. allergies, mine bother me in spring and late summer, like now! I will be calling and/or visiting the vet Monday though, I believe that is the right thing to do! Thanks!
Monique