Trying to decide which bedspread looks best! Need some help!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I need some help! I've hit a complete hault in the bridal registry trying to pick out some decient bedding. Our bedspread now is old as dirt and has holes all in it from a certain former foster dog, *cough* Norris
It's also a hideous navy blue thing Colin's had since he was in his early 20's
So yea we need a new one! I'm picking out one to add to our bridal registry but have found a few nice ones i like but can't decide!!!!!!! Vote for your favorite!!!!!!!! (or feel free to add a suggestion from eithor Macy's, Target, or Bed Bath & Beyond's websites! (-where we're registered
) Our bedroom is like a sand brown/tan color with white trims and white doors. The furniture is a light wood color.

Option #1
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=109336&RN=22

Option #2
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=110584&RN=22

Option #3
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=110492&RN=22

Option #5
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...U=110389&RN=22

Option #6
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000MAKR3I

Option #7 - this is the one i'm currently registered for
i may change that though -not sure!
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...KU=111242&RN=0

Option #8
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=29550

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking for something with an offsetting color. So I voted for #6 but if #7 was a little more vibrant I would go with that...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm saying 7 as it leans away from the colour of the walls/trimmings, if you get one of the brown sets it will blend into the wall. If you get the white one, i think because of how fancy and regal some of those white sets look like, will look out of place with a tan/brown wall, as that colour is more used for modern settings. The green i like very much, i think it will be nice adding that to your rooms pallette.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I vote for #7, the sage green set, and here's my reasoning:

...Most of the other designs are very traditional and grand, like something you'd expect to see in a palace. But if your furniture is light wood, it probably projects a more modern feel, y'know? So I think a less fancy style would probably go better with your furniture. (And with your lifestyle, too, most likely!)

...The red stripes are certainly modern, but they're so intense that I think you'd get tired of them pretty quickly. It might be better to choose something more plain and then bring in an accent color in the throw pillows and such. That way, you can change your look inexpensively when you get tired of the accent color.

...The sage green would look very nice with the warm brownish walls, and it's so versatile! You could add some pillows that bring in a vibrant pomegranate color... or carry the brown of the wall into it with pillows in an earthy leaf print... or deep eggplant and ivory accents... there's so much you can do with green!

Oh this is fun! Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding preparations!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Okay, I vote for #7, the sage green set, and here's my reasoning:

...Most of the other designs are very traditional and grand, like something you'd expect to see in a palace. But if your furniture is light wood, it probably projects a more modern feel, y'know? So I think a less fancy style would probably go better with your furniture. (And with your lifestyle, too, most likely!)
*cough* copycat

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say 6 as well - the others are way too girly for any bloke to not be embarrassed about
They're too girly and frilly looking for me....

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh man all; of those look sooo cool I want them ;_; Man and with a canopy bed!!! A bed fit for a palace!

I choose that green one though, the one that was a little more plain; I think that color looks fantastic with the light wood beigey stuff
Very relaxing color combination to me!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is my opinion and my opinion only, take no offense please. I didn't care
for any, but I am modern, contemporary, straight lines, clean lines. I see that you do like whites. I just painted my bedroom, benjamin moore paint called adagio, it is blue-ish grey, I got it out of the pottery barn mag. last november. I had golds jewel tones. I have
always wanted a white comforter and linens. I never would because everyone
would always talk me out of it! I did all of this on my own and when I went shopping for my comforter, I kept going to white, mind you I have 2 black cats, another long haired whom is mostly black, and a grey one. I also have
a backyard full of white sand, that they love to roll in!
I bought it anyway, it wasn't expensive, 50.00 at Wal-Mart, alternative down
comforter. my sheets, are all white eygptian cotton. But I bought 2 more pillowcases that are chocolate brown, i have to tell you about my dust ruffle, I got it at Dillard's which is our version of a Macy's. it is straight, no ruffles, it is this embossed looking print! Girl I was so proud of it! oh and I bought a faux fur throw
which is folded across the end of the bed. My furniture is a light blonde color, Last yr I had bought a huge piece of that fleece material and had a lady sew the trim all the way around so it would unraval. It's a zebra stripe. I use it to cover the cheap comforter when the cats have to sleep with me! Either that or their not allowed in the bedroom at all! What I'm getting at is if you want white, get it. in my opinion,
white bedding with your furniture and wall color would be so crisp! also with the white trim. You can always change sheet colors, I think another color that works so well with your walls is that light blue or robin's egg. I'm seeing it everywhere. get a paint swatch that light blue color and put it against your walls, it looks great, you could also, put the chocolate with both of those, or target clearance sheets had a sort of red color sheets, you could use that color too! I have 4 to 6 regular oversized pillows 2 have the plain white cases, 2 have the chocolate, and I bought 2 other white cases of a different texture! I can change it , anytime , with pretty much any color scheme. I just don't do patterns unless it's a throw pillow or blanket. That is my opinion, nobody has to like it , just get what you want , or you won't be happy! you live and you learn! i always had to learn the hard way for some reason!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck... I remember shopping online for wks looking at all that bedding, it drove me crazy!!! All of it was so busy!!!and dull!!!
Monique

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like #6 and #2 - I like some color in things - most are too plain and not "bright".

The plainer ones would need some pretty colorful pillows or something to brighten them up. Maybe you could find something that had your fav color and his fav color together

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like #6. Plus the darker color would help with the pets sleeping on it. Darker colors are great for pets. We have a black, blue and grey quilt with charcoal sheets.
You really can't see as much hair on it.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the jacquard style ones, but did you notice that every single one except the one that you said you favor (#7) is Dry Clean only? For someone with many pets, that could be a huge consideration. I know it is for me. I know with three cats, I pick out comforters with a very tight weave, so it doesn't get caught and snagged by their toenails. Those gorgeous jacquard styles would be looking ragged in pretty short order at my house!

That being said...I do like #7 because I'm very partial to greens. It looks like a tight weave and it's machine washable. I'm so very boring and practical! Besides, with it being rather plain, you will be able to add many different kinds and colors of accents to it to brighten up the room!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like #6. I think maroon-y colors look great with tan/sandy colors and just trying to picture your room....that was my favorite. I think the lighter colors would look too washed-out. Just my opinion