I wish I could open a no kill animal shelter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just saw something with pics of a whole bunch of pet that were pts, i see things like things and it really makes me want to open a no kill shelter, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I just get so sad and wish I could do more. my apt is to small, I can't even foster. i'm greatful for the animals I have rescued as I am sure they are as well but it just really gets to me...I've done research before about opening a shelter but at the same time don't know where to being like i said.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping someday I can open up one too. I think that basically you have to get a license to do your own shelter and then begin rescuing. I'm sure there's more to it then that though.

Even if you lived in an apartment though, you can still keep a couple then advertise for foster homes with other people or even have a central location, i.e. rent out a separate space.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my apartment is to over populated with animals for the size of it! hmm, maybe rent out another location...start from there...I'm doing research now.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someday I want to do my own rescue... focusing primarily on the older cats... since they seem to get overlooked more...

I'd call it Grumpy Old Lady Cat Rescue.

I should probably start stocking up on Feliway now, huh? Of course, it'll be years before I'm able to do it...

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Someday I want to do my own rescue... focusing primarily on the older cats... since they seem to get overlooked more...

I'd call it Grumpy Old Lady Cat Rescue.

I should probably start stocking up on Feliway now, huh? Of course, it'll be years before I'm able to do it...

Amanda
lol, love the tittle, yeh I've considered doing that for the older animals. they have lots of government funding and what not as to opeinging, starting a shelter.

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Id love to open one...If I ever win the lottery that is #3 on my list of things to do...
Thats tops on my list of lottery winnings too! But in all honesty I'd love for more shelters to be goverement funded, if we can spend millions finding out how ants migrate, cant we do something for cats,dogs,etc? Then more vets would want to work in what I would call "super shelters" ( one's that would provide complete vet care) and we could get more trainers in for dogs to teach people how to train their pets. Thats half the battle,keeping the pets from going back into the shelter system.I think we should all put toghether a plan and go yell at congress!!!