Most useless thing...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have ever bought for you cats? I know we have all made mistakes when going through the pet store/aisle searching for new toys for our kitties, but what is the one that has turned out to be extremely useless?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go ahead and add mine! I bought "the Arch Groomer" for our calico cat Joey, because he is a shedder... and he loves to be brushed, so we thought maybe he would use it. But he wont touch the thing... absolutely hates it! but on the bright side, my best friends 4 month old sheltie puppy LOVES it! LOL!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this little thing that I picked up at the dollar store. The base is in the shape of a mouse made of fake sisle, then there is this stupid shiny pom pom thing on a spring. It now has dust on it. It gets sniffed every now and then, and occassionally Monster will try to play with it but so far no one is very impressed. I guess that's what you get for a buck (actually, I paid $3.00 for this
but who's counting?)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I'll go ahead and add mine! I bought "the Arch Groomer" for our calico cat Joey, because he is a shedder... and he loves to be brushed, so we thought maybe he would use it. But he wont touch the thing... absolutely hates it! but on the bright side, my best friends 4 month old sheltie puppy LOVES it! LOL!
My dogs are much more interested in the cat toys then the cats are. The cats are happy batting around dust bunnies, bottle caps, anything they can knock off the counter....including our keys!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most useless "thing' I've ever bought them were their pet beds...they laid on them for maybe an hour and never went back in them!

The most useless toy was a tiny remote control mouse that they just watched run around the floor,gave it a good sniff and said 'nuh huh...that thing ain't real! We won't even waste our time!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess for us it is a little wind up type toy. You pull it back and let it go and the girls watch it....that's it! I have seen Noodles wrestle it once for a minute. Didn't take long for the wheels to get jammed with hair too.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the most useless thing we have ever bought is a little mouse that you turn on and it goes in different directions until turned off...They are scared to deat of it...You turn it on and they run as fast as they can to get up on top of something

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much all the toys I buy Popsie are useless. He's doesn't seem to care about toys, only running around the house and chasing things that aren't there.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of the most useless toys we bought was the glove or mitten with the long fingers & pom poms/bells on the end of the fingers. They hate it and were scared of it. We took that toy back quickly to the store. Another one is remote control mouse.

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

I think the most useless thing we have ever bought is a little mouse that you turn on and it goes in different directions until turned off...They are scared to deat of it...You turn it on and they run as fast as they can to get up on top of something
My old roomates cat was deathly afraid of that too!!

I bought Tsar a pack of toys for like 8 bucks and I had a choice between mice and balls or just balls. I bought the one with both for variety....He bats at the mice every once in awhile but since they don't move he doesnt care. He'll chase balls around for hours. Even this tennis ball I got for free!! My boyfriend was like "That's a dog toy!!!" Tsar didn't care, he loves it.
So I would say the mice were pretty useless.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
A sisal scratching pad. Charlie hasn't touched it, or even sniffed it, along with the catnip spray, utterly useless.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a scratching post she ignores it although my niece likes batting at the poofy little pink ball at the top of it

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see now, Panic Mouse that cost £20!

99% of cat toys.

Cat beds.

Scratch mats.

Collars....

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Yep, Riley has one of those. He's terrified of it

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A little carpeted square with a spring sticking out of it that has a luffball on top. Emma picked it out at the store, was utterly IN LOVE with it till we got it home. Now no one plays with it at all.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought...hm.....lotsa stuff that qualifies!
Little round ball toys with sharp parts to them(little spikes that didn't look that sharp!)....when the cats paw at them they all pull their paws away looking mortally wounded. The short lil scratching posts.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to think of something that's been a complete waste and haven't come up with anything yet.
Their beds get used in the winter, toys get played with off and on, scratchers are loved, and even the round cat gym/bed thing gets slept in by Tomas in the afternoons.

The best suggestion, be as picky as a cat when choosing toys and don't spend too much money in case they hate it.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With toys, between the dog and the cats nothing is ever completely useless.

The most useless thing I've bought for my cats was a can of whiska's soft treats. I lay them out and Cairo ignores it, then Paris comes along and tries to cover it as if it should be in the litter box.

By now I sort of know what my girls will and won't like from the pet store, but I've ben wrong before. We mocked the laser pointer with shapes of animals thinking the dot was all they needed. When a friend bought us the shaped one, we were not expecting much. Now Paris will only chase the mouse-shaped laser. She's never seen a mouse in real life, but for some reason that's her thing.