The Bissell Little Green Pet

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is an unwritten rule around our house that if you have to puke, run from the linoleum to the carpet as quickly as you can. Plus, I've been battling Rusty peeing on the carpet for several months. I absolutely hate lugging the big carpet cleaner around, so I finally broke down and got one of the smaller, more portable models. I got mine at Walmart for $87, and it is one of the best investments I've made in a long time. It's easy to operate and clean, not too heavy, and does a good job IMO. One tank of water will do a 2-3 square foot spot, which covers just about every type of accident.

The only problem I have is that when I snap the tank with the cleaning solution in, I usually get a dribble of water on the floor, but not enough to really mention. If you clean up lots of cat messes, you should really like one of these. I've completely gotten rid of the pee smell in the carpet and removed some puke stains from areas I'd previously cleaned by hand.

If you've already talked about these....never mind.

Here's what it looks like.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/prod...&cookie_test=1

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really want something like that! Dh and I will be buying at least a big one when we buy our house. My mother needs one because Bunny has issues still with peeing in the wrong spots. Actually first I think she needs a deep cleaning of all of the carpets because Bunny has messed in so many places.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber. It was about $30 when I bought it and more than paid for itself already.
I know what you mean about the big cleaner, I hate using our big one too.

My Mom has the Little Green one and she says it cleans pretty well.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had the Bissell Little Green Machine for a few years now and it is great for spot cleaning. I didn't realize that they came out with one for pets, but the one on your link looks just like mine. I don't remember paying as much as you did, but again, mine is not for pets.

We have a dog with a touchy digestive system. We have problems with the runs whenver he eats anything out of the ordinary and it doesn't matter how often we take him out, we always get a mess. It is a great tool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about the big cleaner, I hate using our big one too.
Yeah, they must weigh 50 pounds.

I didn't realize that they came out with one for pets, but the one on your link looks just like mine. I don't remember paying as much as you did, but again, mine is not for pets.
It actually does say Pet on the machine. The box has a picture of a dog and cat with a bunch of pawprints. Probably is the exact same machine, but they probably figured that a cute picture of an animal was worth something.
I noticed some models don't have the heater, but it looks like the one in the picture does. It amazes me how fast it heats up too. When I start with a full tank I always use hot water, but even when it's been sitting for a couple days, it only takes less than a minute to heat it up.

My mother needs one because Bunny has issues still with peeing in the wrong spots. Actually first I think she needs a deep cleaning of all of the carpets because Bunny has messed in so many places.
Fortunately Rusty liked to use the same spot most of the time. I had to clean it a couple times, but I don't smell it anymore...and I have a good nose for cat pee.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I noticed some models don't have the heater, but it looks like the one in the picture does. It amazes me how fast it heats up too. When I start with a full tank I always use hot water, but even when it's been sitting for a couple days, it only takes less than a minute to heat it up.
Aha - mine does not have the heater! That explains the price difference (not the cute dog/cat pictures on the box).

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the Spot Bit from Bissell and I have to say I highly recommend it to anyone that has a pet or kids. It has been worth it's weight in gold around this house.
Cleans all sorts of messes, ranging from cat hairballs and other soils, to yucky things sticking to their feet from the litter box, to us spilling things on the carpet.
Highly, highly recommended!!