Help!!!!!!!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Help!!!!!!!!!! I just got up from the computer, it's 3:30 am here, I started counting heads, and my cat GiGi wasn't present. So I called her, and called
her finally she came from under my bed, after I looked at her in the face,
she looked funny, she has been bit by something and her whole face is
swollen and under her chin! I'm going to need a sedative til morning 8 am
when the clinic opens, because I can't do anything for her and I hope she doesn't die before I can get her help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do? she drank
some water and even ate alittle! OMG, I'M FREAKIN OUT!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I really don't know what to do. Is there a 24 hour emergency vet you can call? I tried to google one in your area but couldn't find anything.

Vibes for Gigi

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and I know its hard but try to stay calm, you dont want to stress her out more.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First of all, calm down. The last thing GiGi neads right now is a meowy about to lose it. Take a few deep breaths and relax.

did you see he get hit with anything? How do you know thats what it is? From what you said it sounds more like mayby a spider bite. Especialy if she was under a bed. That would cause the most swelling. Is there and ER vet you can call to just get some info from? You may not nead to bring her in at this moment, just be at the vets the moment they open. It sounds like you are in for a long 5 hours or so. We are here for you to help you get through this. Just try to stay calm, give her all the love you can. Make sure she keeps drinking water and try giving her some food.

Okay now with me, breath, in through your nose out through your mouth. Good, repeat, and again. Stay calm, we are here for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am and I have calmed down, and thanks thanks thanks just knowing someone is here for me makes all the difference! I don't know if she was
bit under the bed, although i'm sure my bed is subject to a spider or 2!
Reason why is because she hadn't been under there that long, heck i don't
really know, how long does it take to swell after being bit? Surely she won't
die? As for a 24 hr emergency for animals, heck no! it always seems that is when i need one the most, the middle of the night! the only one open today, is a vet whom I'd rather not go to but you can bet I'll be there waiting! Poor girl, she looks awful!Thanks again! Please keep her in your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!oh and me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a 24 clinic you can ring to ask advice, not necessarily in your town but just someone who can give advice?

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am glad you calmed down, how is she doing now? As for swelling after a spider bite, it all depends. Factors can be, what kind of spider, how poisonous was it, did she scratch the bite area and make it worse, is she alergic to spiders. It only takes a second to get bit. One thing you can do is take a good look at the main area of the swelling. Can you tell if there are bite marks. They will look like two tiny holes, close together. My cat has yet to be bitten thank god, but my DH suffers horably. IT seems like spiders like they way he taste. I always look for two litlle holes and once I see them I know for sure. you can try to apply a warm compress, if it is a bite, it helps draw out any poison, also a cold compress will help with swelling.

If it is a bite the most important thing is keep her calm, don't let her play to much and get her heart rate up. Its the same thing in animals as humans. The faster the blood flow the faster toxins will move through the body. Keep her calm and relaxed. Give her lots of love and keep her drinking.

Please do try and call an ER vet. Maybe try your regular clinic office and see if they have a recording with an emergency number. If that does not work just plan on having her at the clinic office the moment they open, call ahead and leave a message if you must. I saw you live in Texas, they have some mean old spiders there. You have a little more than 4 hours to go, you can make it. Brew a pot of coffee and stay with her.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She won't even let me touch her face, much less put a compress on it, and will not cooperate to letting me look for any bit marks. she is sleeping or resting now, she is not one to let you hold her and love on her. although the night i rescued her she slept on my neck and shoulder, she basically stayed there she was so little, but now she just won't let you pick her up and hold her, only sometimes, and then she starts pushing away from you until you let her down. But she will sleep on top on me or has to be touching or sleeping very close to me or the other cats. she was taken away from her mom way to early!!! "Lord, just keep her safe until I can get her help!" thanks again for being here for me!!!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boy I can tell I've gotten older, cause I used to think staying up all night was cool!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are 3 that I found in google. There may be more in your yellow pages. One of these must have emergency after hours service.

ARK THE VETERINARY HOSPITAL\t
(903) 796-1169 | 616 E MAIN ST ATLANTA, TX

Atlanta Animal Hospital\t
(903) 796-7417 | 1830 S William St Atlanta, TX

Cass County Veterinary Clinic\t
(903) 796-4137 | 102 E Pinecrest Dr Atlanta, TX

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i just called my vet, his answering service took my call and they are calling
him as we speak! she said he already had one call earlier, so she didn't mind
calling him again! Hopefully I'll know something soon!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GiGi has a snake bite! She is so lucky, and so am I, for all of you who
help a sister out even in the wee hours of the morning!!! I thought I was
going to explode before 8:00 came around! Bless her heart, I thought her head was going to explode too it was getting so big!!! we are at home and
on the mend!!!! I am so grateful for the friends here!!!! I love ya'll!! So does
"G"!!!!

Monique & GIGI